Anyone interested in teaming up?

Want to hire an Moho animator? Post your job listing here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

steveryan2

Re: Anyone interested in teaming up?

Post by steveryan2 »

I see storyboards primarily as a guide for framing shots, as well as for action, timing and emotion. I don't think that they are particularly useful as a guide for backgrounds, color, or character design. That's more than I would be able to deliver anyway.

I am glad to see the experimentation with the color palettes! The one looks like they are in harsh sun at dusk. The character designs are amazing! Duey, if the rigging becomes a burden feel free to hand them off to me or someone else. I appreciate all that you are doing and I want to keep it (hopefully) fun.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

steveryan2 wrote:I see storyboards primarily as a guide for framing shots, as well as for action, timing and emotion. I don't think that they are particularly useful as a guide for backgrounds, color, or character design. That's more than I would be able to deliver anyway.

I am glad to see the experimentation with the color palettes! The one looks like they are in harsh sun at dusk. The character designs are amazing! Duey, if the rigging becomes a burden feel free to hand them off to me or someone else. I appreciate all that you are doing and I want to keep it (hopefully) fun.
The story boards should be a guide of how each character is posed and how many of them. The color and design can be change, but they also need to decided right afterwords. Sure it is fun, but most of the work is grunt work. So let's work together. And have fun.

Dale
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

dueyftw--What animation class(es) are you taking? That sounds awesome!
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

lwaxana wrote:dueyftw--What animation class(es) are you taking? That sounds awesome!
http://www.sva.edu/continuing-education ... on/courses

The course: The Animation Studio: Putting It All Together

Dale
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

More (fairly rough!) drawings for you:
props
...and some attempts at locomotion:
they walk!

...now on to survivors' bodies...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
steveryan2

Post by steveryan2 »

Nice Jahnocli! I especially like the zombie walks!

I'm still working on the storyboards. Actually I just got them back from a contributor who is not on this board and quite a few changes have to be made. I had not told him that the animation was not being done by hand so there are a lot perspective shots and angles that would add significantly to the time required to do the animation. Then there are some things that need to be changed when I realized they don't really work; now that I see them on paper.
TheMinahBird

Post by TheMinahBird »

I've read up on this post and I actually like the idea!

I made another post in the jobs forum and I was thinking instead of getting people to build AND rig my characters.
I can build it myself and have someone else rig it. Is this idea pushing it?

I can build characters and someone else can just rig them? I can help you guys build, I know it's really tedious and someone else can just rig the character.

I'd love this type of help in the future too. :) Of course like I said I'd build the characters myself. :mrgreen:
"Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure; men love in haste but they detest at leisure" - Lord Byron
EHEBrandon

Post by EHEBrandon »

I'm interested as well. I could animate, rig, character design, backgrounds, music, video editing, concept, and some sound effects.. I could also voice act but I'm still a beginner so I don't know how well that would turn out. I could help out when ever I have the time since I am busy working on my project and few payed projects. Just let me know when we are doing this.
steveryan2

Post by steveryan2 »

I welcome your help MinahBird and Brandon! I know that for myself I am good at certain things and really struggle at others. This has prevented many projects from even getting off the ground. Or if the project does get started, it never sees the light of day. I am sure there are others like yourself that are in the same boat. We can't all be great at everything (at least I can't). Many hands makes for light(er) work. I am hoping that we can leverage the help of others to shore up those areas where we lack the skills. Then return the favor when they need help on their project.
steveryan2

Post by steveryan2 »

Here are the storyboards.

I reduced the number of shots from the original 36 down to 21. I am somewhat happy with the first 14 shots; after that I think it could use some help.
To reduce the work, I think that shots 3, 6 and 7 could all be the same angle and therefore use the same rigs. This is just how the storyboard artist did them.

The idea for shots 9-19 is that the kid trips and falls and the zombie is hovering over him when the man hits the zombie in the head with a rock. The zombie comes after the man who runs into a sheet on a clothes line. The man is on the ground as the zombie is about to fall on him, when we realize the zombie is caught in the clothes line.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

I like the long pan. Should be drawn in one long background plate. The characters should be drawn separate and larger in size (2x or more) and use a mix of vector and raster. What I mean is,

The man working with his hands should be a raster drawing then replace his hands and arms with vector.

The man over the pot would be the same.

The man doing wash would have his hands, arms and chest changed to vector.

The woman carrying the pot would have her legs, arms and maybe her hair change into vector.

The woman on the close line, just her arms.

So draw all the characters complete, Then I will replace add the vector.
This mix of raster and vector works only if there is little or no shading in the drawings.

Lets just get his one shot done. Then work on rest later.

Dale
steveryan2

Post by steveryan2 »

EHE Brandon, would you be interested in taking on the background for the opening shot? This is an important shot because it tells a story unto itself. We must remember that anyone viewing this has no preconceptions. In other words they won't know that it is the zombie apocalypse until we show them.

The grave markers made of sticks denote a serious and ominous tone from the get-go. I would actually like more than just three; with some of them overgrown, indicating they have been there a while.The city in the background will be smouldering, indicating that whatever is wrong is on a huge scale. Now that we have death and have established the end of civilization, we move on to the people...

As we pan into the camp I'd like to see the tents and other make-shift shelters weathered, dirty and worn. Note that it doesn't have to look exactly like the one in the storyboard. There could be a car or minivan in there as long as it is overgrown and all indications are that it hasn't moved in a long time. Everything about the scene should indicate that it is overgrown and dirty; there haven't been any lawns mowed lately!

I'd like to see some trees and shrubs mixed in there; both for visual interest and to give the shot some depth. In fact anything that can be done; object in the foreground as well as the further back to enhance the feeling of depth would be welcome.

Would you like to take this on?
TheMinahBird

Post by TheMinahBird »

Looks cool so far. :)
"Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure; men love in haste but they detest at leisure" - Lord Byron
TheMinahBird

Post by TheMinahBird »

What are the colors?
baphomet

Post by baphomet »

Very cool project! If I can be of any help with a 3D environment or 3D objects for in the scene or backgrounds, just let me know!

I did not read this at all, and I was dumb enough to post a similar topic (just this morning) as well, about a project I am working on. I am looking to team up or collaborate as well.
Check out my Twitter for work from now and the past: -> http://www.twitter.com/sceafa78