Frame limits?

Discuss Papagayo issues here

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

Johnny

Frame limits?

Post by Johnny »

Hey all -

Getting really crazy problems with Papagayo, granted I'm working with 13,000 frames - but I've compressed my audio down to a 15 meg 8k mono wav to help keep things moving.

Trying to get it all done in one run and copy keyframes as needed, instead of working with multiple Voices within Papagayo.

It seems like it's trying, but the phenomes just vanish mid line.

I can still scrub though the waveform and watch the mouth move, but that's it.

I've changed frame rates as I've read in previous posts and got it working to frame 4000 or so.

It's not worth exporting if nothing's aligned, so I've waited on that for now.

Any ideas?

-Johnny
fiddler

You need need to split up your project

Post by fiddler »

You should try to split up the project. Use your favorite audio editor to break up the audio clip into segments / scenes. Then lip sync the individual scenes and export them one at a time into seperat .dat files for import into Anime Studio.
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

Yes, there is a 4000 frame limit in Papagayo so as fiddler says your only choice is to split up the audio file into pieces -- naturally this means you either do some manual work (to recombine the files in AS) or split your AS project as well.

But... seriously, there isn't any possible way you should be dealing with such a large number of frames in AS. Unless you're another Andy Warhol and simply want to do a 2 hour movie of a static shot of the Empire State building, there is absolutely no way in heck your animation should be a single shot of that length. Even 10 seconds is mostly too long for one shot.

There are times when I use camera moves in AS to make multiple shots in a single AS file, but even that is something that can be backed out and split apart (I mostly do it for convenience).

So if your shots are shorter, then your audio files should be broken up to match. Do that and work with the shorter lengths in AS and you should be fine.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Even "not huge" files are hard to work with in Papagayo. I like to split them up.

There is way to "stitch" dat files with jEdit.

If you look at the dat file there is a time frame code in front of each switch layer name. For stitching together multiple dat files you just want to increment all those key numbers for the switches a set amount.

For example, you chop a long audio file into 3 parts. You load part 1 into papagayo and do your lip sync and save the dat file. Check the time line in Papagayo to see how many frames the audio takes up, not just the keys but the frames.

Now when you do the other parts you need to offset each dat files keys by that amount + the amount of additional files. It's an additive process.

This is a piece of cake using jEdit, a free open source text editor with beanshell expressions for regex replacement.

Do a search on the dat file for the key frame number:

Code: Select all

([0-9]+)
Turn on the regex beanshell snippet gizmo and put this in the replace box (changing then number "100" to whatever value you need):

Code: Select all

new Integer(_0)+100
Click replace all, and BINGO! All of your keys for your dat file are incremented by 100 or the amount you typed in. Then you just copy and paste them together. (make sure you change the first line "MohoSwitch11" back to "MohoSwitch1". It has a number 1 after it which will get changed during the search/replace).

Sounds more complicated than it really is. jEdit rules!

-vern