Mac OS... Paste spoken words from another application?

Discuss Papagayo issues here

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

heyvern

Mac OS... Paste spoken words from another application?

Post by heyvern »

I have found that it is impossible to paste the spoken words text into Papagayo from another application on the Mac like text edit or MS Word.

Is this just me?

Just to be clear... this is not a really big deal...

... At first I was very sad then discovered it is a piece of cake to just open a "blank template" for each of my lip synch projects and paste it directly into the .pgo source then do a save as. I can then open the file and all the text is there just peachy.

Anyway... it would be nice to have this work within the application... am I doing something wrong?

I am in the process of testing a large set of characters by downloading movie wav files. The sites that have these almost always have the text printed out so it is a simple matter of copy/paste and reformatting.

----------------------------
I know everyone says this... but... this whole package... Moho... Papagayo... it is the most powerful amazing tool for practically pocket change... I spend that much on coffee dammit... I have cashed in my piggy bank of change for more money.

Since I stay in the house playing with Moho... I don't drive as much... so that helped pay for it too.

;)

-Vern
myles

Post by myles »

Hello Vern,
heyvern wrote:I have found that it is impossible to paste the spoken words text into Papagayo from another application on the Mac like text edit or MS Word.
Not until you've opened a WAV file - you can't even type in words until you've opened a WAV file to synch against.

After you've opened a WAV file, you must also click once in the spoken text input area to make it the active input area (I don't think it has the default focus), then try either right-clicking (or one-button mouse equivalent) in the text box for the context menu, or Command+V.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

No,

This doesn't work for me.

I have tried using MS Word, Text Edit... Appleworks... Jedit... BBedit... etc...

I have tried copy and paste via the key board... menu... I have copied and pasted from one application to another... from a saved text file etc...

I also do not get a contextual menu in Papagayo.

The only way I can "paste" into an existing Papagayo file with an associated wav file is to open the file after saving it from Papagayo into a text editor and paste into the "source".

When I paste into the "active" text field in Papagayo... nothing happens. I can happily type away with no problems... I can't paste. The edit menu "flashes" as if something is happening... but nothing else happens.

Also... I can't copy text FROM Papagayo into another application or even into Papagayo itself!

If I copy within the text box in Papagayo... and paste nothing happens. The copy/paste does not work at all for text in Papagayo.

Nothing in the edit menu actually does anything including the Undo.

It almost seems as if the clip board buffer is not recognized by Papagayo at all.

Like I said... I can get around this using the source. But there is something wrong there...

... at least on the Mac version anyway. Have not tested on the PC... I will have to try that next.

Vernon "!" Zehr
heyvern

Important discover!!!

Post by heyvern »

HA!

To copy and paste in Papagayo I must use: command(apple key) + shift + c or v to copy paste!!!!!!!!!

The command key by itself does not work! The edit menu commands DO NOT WORK...

I must include the SHIFT key with copy paste by key command.

Have I gone into a strange universe? Am I in bizzaro world? Is this only happening to me?

At least it works now... but this means the internal edit menu is incorrect... could I have corrupted a source file in the application somehow? I installed those new dictionaries...

Oh well... mystery... somewhat solved...

-Vern
mooncaine

Post by mooncaine »

Excellent that this discovery is still here. I'm so glad! :)
muuvist

Re: Important discover!!!

Post by muuvist »

heyvern wrote:
Have I gone into a strange universe? Am I in bizzaro world? Is this only happening to me?
I'm running a ppc mac with OSX 10.4.10 and I'm having the same problem with Papagayo, Command C and V don't work, Shift Command works.

However command O,S and Q work fine.

Another weird thing is that cut is spelt in the Edit menu so:- 'Cutt'