using the Beta 3 version with windows 98

Discuss Papagayo issues here

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

Maarten

using the Beta 3 version with windows 98

Post by Maarten »

Hey,

I'm using win98, experimenting with Moho and Papagayo. But now I have a problem when trying to open, start up, Papagayo I always recieve an error message and the program shuts down.

The error message reads: Papagayo made a mistake, a failure, in reading module MSVCR71.DLL op015f:7c350513.

Did someone else allready encounter this. Is there a solution. I'm using the newest version of Papagayo.

Kind regards,

Maarten
myles

Re: using the Beta 3 version with windows 98

Post by myles »

Hey Maarten,
Maarten wrote: The error message reads: Papagayo made a mistake, a failure, in reading module MSVCR71.DLL op015f:7c350513.

Did someone else allready encounter this. Is there a solution. I'm using the newest version of Papagayo.
You probably are not. :wink: :)
The newest version of Papagayo is 1.1, not beta 3 which you specify in your post subject. Beta 3 was superceded in October 2005 by version 1.0, then in December by version 1.1.

Beta 3 may have used the existing version of msvcr71.dll present on your computer, which may cause this problem. Version 1.1 includes its own local version of msvcr71.dll to avoid these compatibility errors.

Try downloading version 1.1 and let us know if that fixes your problem.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
Maarten

didn't work...

Post by Maarten »

Hey,

Thanks for you're help. The problem stll excists, even when I downloaded version 1.1. Any ideas left. I looked allready on this forum and removed the MSVC... file, but this was not a solution.

Yust geussing out loud but maybe a library or something that I miss? I have an installed and great working version of Moho...

Maarten
myles

Re: didn't work...

Post by myles »

Maarten wrote:I looked allready on this forum and removed the MSVC... file, but this was not a solution.
Which one did you remove?

The one in C:\WINDOWS\system32 or the one in C:\Program Files\Papagayo?

Did you remove Papagayo beta 0.3 before installing version 1.1 ?
Are you sure you are running Papagayo 1.1 and not the old beta 3 from the Papagayo shortcut ?

I'll try Papagayo out on Windows 98 tonight - at the moment I only have Windows XP available.

Regards, Myles.
-- Groucho Marx
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Hey,

I removed the one from the Papagayo folder. Yes, I removed the previous version.

Thanks again for the effords you're doing.

Maarten
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

I'm sorry that I can't tell you much more than Myles already has. It seems that the included version of the DLL fixes the problem for some people, but not others.

If you're feeling kind of brave, you could try downloading the source code package for Papagayo. That will require you to install Python and wxPython, available from the following sites:

http://www.python.org/
http://www.wxpython.org/
myles

Post by myles »

The only things I can think of are:

1) Your PC is still loading the wrong .dll (or the wrong version is still loaded in memory from some other software).
Try re-installing Papagayo 1.1
Do NOT delete or move the msvcr71.dll file.
Restart your PC and run Papagayo as the first program.

If it still doesn't work, copy (do not move or cut) the msvcr71.dll from the Papagayo folder into C:\Windows\system32, replacing any existing file, restart Windows and try again.

2) There is something else in your system that is conflicting with msvcr71.dll or running a different version of it before you run Papagayo - try closing down all other programs and utilities on your taskbar and your system tray that you can. Try temporarily turning off virus checkers and firewalls and other such background programs (make sure you turn them back on again before going online again).

Regards, Myles.
-- Groucho Marx