no sound but mouth movement

Discuss Papagayo issues here

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

skygaz3r

no sound but mouth movement

Post by skygaz3r »

i made a dat-file inculding a short dialog. if i import it into AS9 i just get the movement of the mouth but i cant find the sound anywhere.
some ideas? or do the soundfiles go somewhere else? oO,

and how can i put more then one audio data into a switchlayer that it works? cause i can only insert one and if i add antoher the one bevor
gets removed.
sorry, my english isn't good ;(
skygaz3r

Re: no sound but mouth movement

Post by skygaz3r »

no answer so far :(
is it possible that papagayo just doesnt work together with AS9?
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

I'm not totally sure what you mean - but this is what I think you're saying -- please say if not!

A .dat file is just a list of instructions to change the active item in a switch layer. If you want AS to do all the compositing work you'll also need to import the audio file you used to create the .dat.

If you have got the audio file in AS and you can't hear it, then turn off the option for spatial displacement (sorry - not on my AS system right now, so I don't have the exact terminology).
skygaz3r

Post by skygaz3r »

ah okay then i think i just really got something wrong with the dat. file. i thought that the dat. file includes the audio file as well.
guess i got something wrong on the tutorial i watched for this.

but still i have the problem that i only can add one dat. file to the mouth switch layer. if i want to add a additional dat. file the one before gets deleted.
until now i have been solving this problem with adding more mouth switch layers for the character and blend them in and out as soon as i need them.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

yeah - BUT - a .dat is plain text, so if you need to merge / edit after papagayo it's very easy to use something like wordpad to do that. IIRC there's a one line header that tells AS it's a .dat file then one line per switch change that has frame number and switch label (sorted by frame number).