The 1st one only
50%
The 2nd one only
No votes

Total votes: 10
nigeldude

Need More Playback Control

Post by nigeldude »

I love to use Papagayo with Moho, but the thing that makes it difficult especially with long statements is the fact that you cant start playback from anywhere but frame 0.

It would be so much easier to use if i could eg. place the cursor at frame 100 and start playing it there insted of starting at 0 just to hear something that's all the way to the end.

Another cool feature would be to hear the audio when I scrub the timeline, right now you dont hear anything, you just see the mouth move.

Other than those two things i love the program, looking forward to seeing these cool features soon.
Nigel The Dude
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Hmmm... :? extrange... I have Papagayo Version: 1.0 beta 3 and I CAN hear the audio when I scrub the timeline :D ...Which version are you using?? And... about the other thing... well... I've said yes, of course... but would be really necessary a [poll] to ask for something like that? Jaja, SORRY :oops: but although usefull, that is a very little thing to submerge in a whole "pool" :) (...isn't?)
wmartinez

Post by wmartinez »

Hey!

I asked for something similar two or three messages below. Selecting a portion of the graph and hitting play would play only the selection. Even more, if you know that the selected part is the one that fits the text, let Papagayo only use the selected part for its analisys!
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hi,

I'm all for being able to select an arbitrary frame range for playback too. It could be as basic as a 'range' bar just above the 'phrase' bar that you can double-click on.

DRG
Dany

New papagayo tool

Post by Dany »

Hi,

I think that the most important tool that should be done for papagayo, is the support from every kind of phonems, for other languages than English.

It would be a very nice thing !

So you can use the phonems you want (and you need).
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

Actually, you can play back just one bit and not the whole thing. You break the dialogue up into word groups and place each on a new line. eg

Dialogue: Mary had a litle lamb, the doctors were surprised.
instead of having the one line as above split it.

Mary had a litle lamb
the doctors were surprised.

Now you have the two word groups. Click on the green group bar and hey presto, you have your segment playback. I broke the dialogue on 13 * 4:30 episodes this way - its a very fast way of working. I also work backwards down the timeline, starting at the end. I rough space all the word groups, then adjust the phonetics to fit. Seems faster that way.

Also, be aware that yu can dump most of the consonents at the end of a word. Help Me often becomes helme when you correctly space it. ditto multiple "etc" in a line. The less shapes the better it looks - sometimes the program puts in every little lip shape and the result looks like a moth in death throws flapping around a light.

I also broke lines with one character who talks double dutch (aka nonsense). I listen to his line then rough out the sylibles so it sounds like crazy englsih eg, two spagetti cats and no helmet. I then playback to see how close it is - I correct any obvious wrong matchs manually. Surprisingly, providing I get the key frames right or the start end of syllables, it looks good.

My principle request is for the spacebar to
a: do nthing or
B: be used for play back

The reason is many programs use the space bar tostart playback so its an auto-reflex to hit spacebar once you finish the lipsync: If you do that, you loose all your work and there is no undo button. Deeply frustrating.

Hope this feedback helps someone - I like Papagayo, very useful tool.

Rhoel
Dany

Papagayo's future features

Post by Dany »

Hi again ;-),

I just that I wasn't very explicit.
When I mean that Papagayo should support other phonems than Preston Blair's, I was thinking about using a dictionnary. I know that you manually you can add every phonem you need, but if you have many sounds to synchronize, it is very nice if you can use a dictionnary, so you have not to break a word down at every time.
Euh.. I don't know if it is more explicit, but I hope ;-)

And like Rhoel said, a undo/redo function would be a very useful feature !

Yeah I know... I ask for many things and I give not many :roll:

But I hope that the programmers will think about !

Thanks for your job, guys ! :D