Small request

Discuss Papagayo issues here

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

MarkBorok

Small request

Post by MarkBorok »

I'd like a phoneme for "th". Preston Blair's set of mouth shapes groups the "th" sound together with either "L" or "FV", but I like to draw it with the toungue between the teeth. Hope that makes sense.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

...so do it...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

I'd love too more flexivility in this :)
MarkBorok

thx

Post by MarkBorok »

Cool, I can even add my own phoneme mouth shape drawing to the existing ones. I thought you were limited to the Preston Blair set.
Rai López

Re: thx

Post by Rai López »

MarkBorok wrote:Cool, I can even add my own phoneme mouth shape drawing to the existing ones. I thought you were limited to the Preston Blair set.
...I don't know if I undertand you (sorry), as far as I know, you can NOT add you own phonemes in Papagayo :( ... Then, what are you meaning with that?
MarkBorok

Re: thx

Post by MarkBorok »

Ramón López wrote:
MarkBorok wrote:Cool, I can even add my own phoneme mouth shape drawing to the existing ones. I thought you were limited to the Preston Blair set.
...I don't know if I undertand you (sorry), as far as I know, you can NOT add you own phonemes in Papagayo :( ... Then, what are you meaning with that?
You can right-click on a word and a window pops up where you can change the phonemes by typing in your own. I changed "etc" to "th" for one word. I also created a drawing of a mouth making a "th" sound, called it "th.jpg" and put it in the folder called "mouth 1".

The only thing you can't do is make Papagayo automatically put in the phonemes you want when it breaks down a word. It will default to the Preston Blair ones.

Sorry if this is unclear. It's explained at the beginning of the tutorial.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Ahhh... Yes! I believe that you were refering to another thing... Jaja, is my English fault, don't you... THANKS for clarify and CIAO!