Please help.....

Discuss Papagayo issues here

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

CrAzY Dan

Please help.....

Post by CrAzY Dan »

I need help with exporting the final voice to moho. I have read the tutorial but i cannot understand it. Can anyone try to explain it a bit more clearly to me?

Thanx

CrAzY Dan

p.s i need an answer quickly because i am trying to finish this for the contest!
15 year old Anime Studio user...
27/12/06: Im back and ready to get creating again!!
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

I am not sure if this is what you need, but it works for me to get the sound into Moho:

Top Menu Bar above Work Area: Animation > Select Soundtrack

Window opens. Select your sound. Click okay (or open).
Sound is now in Moho.

Check your Timeline and you now will see an odd shaped blue screen has been added that looks like a sound wave form graph.
Click on Play and you will hear the sound.
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

In Papagayo it is even simpler -

Just click File > Open

Select your sound file.

It is now in Papagayo.
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

Here is what the tutorial says to export from Papagayo.

1. Click on the "Export Voice" button to export the lip-sync data as a switch data file for use in Moho.

2. To use the resulting switch data in Moho, first load up a mouth switch layer in Moho that is set up to use the Preston Blair phoneme set. (Some example mouths are included with Papagayo.)

3. Double-click the mouth switch layer and go to the Switch tab of the Layer Settings dialog to assign a switch data file. You can then select the switch data you just exported from Papagayo.

4. Finally, assign the audio file as the project's soundtrack and play back the animation.

Which part do you get stuck on?
CrAzY Dan

Post by CrAzY Dan »

i ma stuck on the preston blair part. i dont get it.
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

Yes, it is a bit confusing. One thinks they can only use the Preston Blair mouths.

What it means is that your mouths that you create have to match the mouth shapes or phonemes that Papagayo uses.
Just make sure your mouth has the 10 basic shapes (a & i, e, o, etc, etc) as shown at:
http://www.garycmartin.com/mouth_shapes.html

You use your mouth shapes, not Preston Blairs. They just want to make sure you don´t do your animation using three different mouth shapes.

You make a switch layer with your mouth layers in it for all the phonemes.
Okay?
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

If it helps, check the Papagayo folder and open the mouths folder. There will be 3 separate files: Mouth 1, Mouth 2, Gary Martin.

If you open them up you can see how the ten mouth shape files in each folder is labeled.

So your switch layer should have 10 layers in it, one for each mouth phoneme (AI, E, etc, FV, L, MBP, O, rest, U, WQ)
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Also, there should be a file called "Mouths.moho" inlcuded with Papagayo. If you open this file in Moho, you'll see three mouths that include the required shapes to match the Preston Blair phonemes.
CrAzY Dan

Post by CrAzY Dan »

i'm making the mouths but when i fill them in the colour doesnt come up. Im working in the 0 frame. Also when i click the switch layer, whatever layer is at the top of the list, that colour comes through. Is that what is meant to happen?

Please help Thanx.

CrAZy Dan :roll:
CrAzY Dan

Post by CrAzY Dan »

doesn't matter i solved it thanx guys for all your help!
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

The way I make mouths is that I create them before putting them in the Switch layer. Each mouth has its own layer and when they are not in the Switch layer, one can see them all at once. (As you know when things are in the Switch layer only one layer is visible at a time.)
By creating them outside the Switch layer you can see how they all look in their size, shape, position and relation to each other. (To hide the ones you don´t want to see, just click on the pair of eyes in the layer and make it invisible.)
Once I am satisfied with everything then I move the Mouth layers into the Switch layer in their proper order.
CrAzY Dan

Post by CrAzY Dan »

i'll remember that next time

thanx
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Toontoonz wrote:The way I make mouths is that I create them before putting them in the Switch layer. Each mouth has its own layer and when they are not in the Switch layer, one can see them all at once. (As you know when things are in the Switch layer only one layer is visible at a time.)
By creating them outside the Switch layer you can see how they all look in their size, shape, position and relation to each other. (To hide the ones you don´t want to see, just click on the pair of eyes in the layer and make it invisible.)
Once I am satisfied with everything then I move the Mouth layers into the Switch layer in their proper order.
This is the kind of tip that makes this forum so valuable to me: time saving suggestions to make the workflow "flow".