Unable to change FPS on Mac

Discuss Papagayo issues here

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

Darramouss

Unable to change FPS on Mac

Post by Darramouss »

Hey there. I can't seem to change the FPS on Papagayo. I used to be able to do it on PC but I can't alter the 24 on my Mac. I have tried reinstalling Papagayo but no go. I'm running with Papagayo 1.2. Any suggestions?
Sheer will is my greatest talent - Sledge Hammer!
Imago

Post by Imago »

Perhaphs there are an option like Win's "read only" attribute on file...
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q
Darramouss

Post by Darramouss »

It's not so much the file but the FPS field on the top right of the program window. I'm thinking I'm going to have to use Papagayo on my PC notebook. That sucks for quite a few reasons!!
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I don't have any trouble changing the fps on my mac in Papagayo but Il have an old mac system. Version 10.3.9 so I can't be used as a source of info for this problem.

One thing to note; you can't change the fps AFTER you've done lip sync in papagayo. This will destroy the timing of your lip sync. It changes the length of the audio in relation to key frames but doesn't change the lip sync you have already done in papagayo.

When you say you can't change it... you mean you type in the box and nothing happens? You can't type in that box? There are some issues with the mac and "pasting" text. You have to use some different modifier keys to paste text in the boxes. I think papagayo on the mac was created a long time ago and may not work as well on newer mac systems.

-vern
Darramouss

Post by Darramouss »

I can't click in the FPS box to type anything in. I've tried to alter FPS as son as it's opened, after importing the audio, after typing the text and after synching has been done.

If I can't change it then the only option would be to sync at 24 FPS, import the .dat file to ASP6 and then rescale the switch layer in accordance to the frame rate I'm using, wouldn't it?
adam_rp

solution to trouble changing FPS in Papagayo

Post by adam_rp »

I also encountered this problem whilst using osx 10.5.8 with Papagayo 1.2.

This might be too late for you but I found that I could copy the FPS i wanted and paste into the FPS field in Papagayo. (using 'cmd c' to copy & 'cmd v' to paste).

Hope this helps - I'm glad to see a version of Papagayo working again with more recent versions of OSX.

Adam.
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

I'm running osx 10.5.8 and I have the same problem, so I open the texteditor write 25 select it and copy, then I'm able to paste it in papagayo using command+v or right click in the fps square and choose paste