FPS export

Discuss Papagayo issues here

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

mario72

FPS export

Post by mario72 »

Hi there...
Sorry for my bad english, its not my first language...

I have a big big problem.
There is the option for the FPS-rate which I would like to use.

How can I put more into this drop-down?
I need 12-FPS

Which person I have to contact? Who can code something like this?
Or, is it possible to do it by myself with the windows-test-editor?

Hope for help,
mario
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

In Papagayo 1.2 it just has a text input that lets you type in any FPS. Might try that, as I don't think any of the MODS are being maintained by anyone.
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

Yes, you can definitely put 12fps (or almost any value) into the Papagayo fps input field.
mario72

Post by mario72 »

Ok, the old version may be can do it.
But I would like to do it with the modded version too.

Because, there is a program coming which reads the dat-files for animate pictures/phonemes on AVI-Files. (I know, you don´t like it, and may be you don´t understand it)
Its for brickfilming. The mouth-animation will be done with special designed phonemes. the software reads the dat-file from papagayo.
So, the most american/australian brickfilmers are uying 15 fps, which is included in papagayo.
But there are many brickfilmers in europe too. And they mostly filming with 12 fps. And they would use the modded version too.

By the way, is the modded version compatible with MAC and Linux?

Ok, if there is no way to get the new vresion for 12fps-using, I have to choose the old version. but its not that comfortable...

Many thanky for your response,
best wishes,
Mario
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

Mario,

I have no idea what you are talking about when you talk about the "modded" version. There is Papagayo 1.2 and, AFAIK, that's the only version out there (available on the Lost Marble web site). It's the only one *I* can find in a web search, and it does do 12fps and always has.

If you are using some mod that someone privately has done you will need to contact that person and get them to do whatever it is you want them to do.
mario72

Post by mario72 »

I´m talking about this version:
http://nyian.blogspot.com/search?q=papagayo
Its called Version 1.3.5.3
It has a very clever and easyer interface, and the new word-break-tool is cool too.

So my Idea was, that in this mod you may be could integreate the 12-fps-solution again. Its terrible for the european animators without the 12-fps-solution. They animate mostly with 12fps, not 15. (The TV/DVD-Norm is PAL, not Secam, and mostly the movies are running with 24 fps, so its easyer to animate with 12 fps...
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

Well, as I suggested, it's a mod by a user who has no particular connection to anyone here. So asking for changes here is wasting your time.

You need to contact this person directly and ask him -- not much anyone here can do about it.

Papagayo is open source -- I could have my OWN version if I wanted to, and so can you.
mario72

Post by mario72 »

Ok, thanks for your help!

Greetings,
Mario
arthbard

Post by arthbard »

You should be able to do 12 fps in PapagayoMod. It isn't selectable from the drop-down menu, but you can type in any frame rate you want.
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

Yes, you are correct. I downloaded that mod and tried typing in 12 and it worked just fine.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

OMG, I just looked up 'brickfilm'. Apparently this is stop-motion using Lego blocks. For some reason I find this humorous. I guess just the fact that there is a term for it. I still don't see why you need PG to export video. AS can export with transparency. Unless of course you don't own a copy of AS, in which case I really couldn't care less if this sort of thing is being developed.

:wink:
mario72

Post by mario72 »

@arthbard
Whooo-hooooo......
YES, STRIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you verry verry much....!!!!

@synthsin75
Ok, just let me try to explain it a bit.
Brickfilms existing since the 90´.
My website - as example - is www.brick-potter.de
There you can watch all my brickfilms I made.
Another YouTube-Like wesbsite for brickfilms is www.brick-cinema.com

In brickfilms you can see many things, effects, and all this stuff like in "real movies" or mangas, comics, etc...
But - mostly - no mouthanimation. Its to hard to do this digital, and the "change-head"-solution is quite annoying...
So I thought of to use a tool to lipsync some graphics to wav-files, and composite them on to the minifig.
Papagayo can do the first part.
Last year I have found a Java-Coder who wrote/code me a program which use the DAT-file from Papagayo. With unique/special Phoneme-Sets (using Alpha-Chanel for trancparency) it is possible to put these graphics on the lego-head. One can tween them, spinning, rotating, scaling, etc...

I know, you all will not understand this. I know, you all will laugh abiut it, but this is the easyest way to bring lipsync animated phonemes on a lego-head.

And now I know how to do it with 12fps, what means the most people can use it. Its possible for all FPS-Users... That´s a big deal for the brickfilm-communitys
There are 3 big comunitys only for brickfilming.
There are many many cool brickfilmers out there. (Yes, ok, there are many more stupid legofilms on youtbe, but....anyway)

So, thanks again for your help!!!!!!
Cool to get a solution from you.

Best wishes,
Mario
mario72

Post by mario72 »

Ok, so the program "GlueFace" is ready.
It reads the papagayo-datas and matches with this datas phonemes on a Lego-Minifig-Head.
And here it is:
http://bricktrick.de/index-e-glueface-1.php