Anime Studio Contest
e frontier America Inc., is proud to announce our first official Anime Studio contest! Anime Studio 5 is your complete 2D animation program for creating movies, cartoons, anime or cut out animations. Create your own desktop animated shorts in the style of SouthParkStudios.com and JibJab.com, or use Anime Studio to produce full-length animation for film, video or streaming over the web. Anime Studio allows digital enthusiasts at home and professionals in the studio to bring their imagination to life!
The Contest: Foota 2007!
What is Foota! Are you kidding me? What planet are you from! Earth? Oh, that explains it! Foota is the most popular interplanetary game in the known universe! Every ten years hundreds of planets send their best players to participate in this cosmic free for all. The rules are a lot like soccer except we get to stomp, bite, slime and blast our way across the field. The host planet also gets to pick the object to be kicked - we've had everything from a thorny Q'zar head (ouch!) to a Giant Ferelian Stinkbug (pew!) so this game ain't for pansies! The only time things didn't work out too well was when those Dorkians provided a 1000 megaton GravaBomb that vaporized the planet at kickoff.
This is where you come in Earthling! Merchants from every planet desperately want to get their products before the Quazillions of viewers who will watch Foota 2007! Now is your chance to use your artistic talents to create a commercial showcasing any one of a billion alien products or services (or human products aimed at aliens!).
- First place, $200 cash prize + one copy of any two e frontier software products (Poser 7 (English, French or German), Manga Studio 3, Anime Studio 5 Pro, Shade 8 Standard, Amapi 7, or MotionArtist 4)!
- Second place, one copy of any one e frontier software product
- Third place, one copy of any e frontier software product (less than $50)
About the Judges
We are very fortunate to have Brian McEntee, Steve Moore and Theresa Cullen on our panel of judges. All three judges have extensive animation industry experience - in fact you've probably seen thier hand in some of your favorite movies. Click on their names to see a list of some of their credited work on Imdb.
- The contest is open to licensed users of Moho or Anime Studio, or demo users(see below).
- All work is to be the original content of the author.
- All rights remain with the author, with the caveat that e-frontier be allowed non-exclusive use of the rendered video to showcase on their site if they choose. In the event they use the video the author will be credited.
- The animation must be between 30 to 60 seconds in duration. This should make the competition achievable by everyone while allowing those who favor epics a little leeway.
- The animation should be a commercial of sorts, but within that you have total leeway! Promote alien soda, a three-headed singer, a Hollywood agent looking for new alien talent, a movie spoof - the universe is the limit!
- Do not use or reference any real copyrighted products in your animation - just make up the product names!
- This is primarily an animation contest! The animation must be done in Anime Studio. Users can create backgrounds or character images in other programs, such as Photoshop, ArtRage, Gimp or even hand drawn and then use bones, layer, point or other method within Anime Studio for all animation. Bringing in pre-rendered animation from other programs as movie files or image sequences and simply running them in Anime Studio does not qualify as animating in Anime Studio.
- Rendered video should be 320x240 in any commonly used video format and a copy should be be posted on a free service such as YouTube. If you are a winner a larger size may be rendered for display at SIGGRAPH.
- We request that the .anme files of all entrants be made available for the purposes of learning. You may choose not to do so if you if you plan on reusing some of the content commercially, however if you are one of the finalists you will need to provide the files to the judges privately at least so that it can be verified that all of the animation was indeed done in Anime Studio.
- Contest will start today and will go on till midnight July 15th, 2007. Please submit your entries to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, make sure to provide your name, and a link to your uploaded video (link should be to any video service such as Youtube, Photobucket, etc.) Winner will be announced on the e-frontier home page on July 31st, 2007!
If you want to enter the contest using the demo version you'll need to send a link to the zipped .anme file and any associated resources to email@example.com and he’ll export it out to an appropriate format. Participants have to make sure to supply all the files (including images) associated to their entries to avoid missing links and errors which Fahim will not be able to fix for you. Your best bet is to create a folder and save the .anme file and any images or other resources in that folder while you work.
Please do not send huge files directly to Fahim! If you don't have your own hosted space you can use yousendit.com or a similar service to send files.
The links to the demo version of Anime Studio Pro is www.e-frontier.com/go/animestudioprotrial
the link to the demo version of Anime Studio (Standard version) is www.e-frontier.com/go/animestudiotrial