New Contest Coming Soon!

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Rasheed wrote:Well, I see one interest you might have in the contest: hope to learn something from what others have created. I guess that's why you want the original AS or Moho files, so people can study them.
Yep. I think I mentioned it but I use to own a very popular Visual Basic programming site and I use to create coding contests with the goal being to have fun and to create some code that would be educational and/or reusable. Companies were glad to provide prizes if they knew they would get good exposure and we often ended up with dozens of code samples and even complete programs as entries. Makes sense to me that we have fun and end up with useful samples. In fact, maybe at some point it would be good to have a lua coding contest, and advertise on programming sites, if they can use the demo of AS and we might get tons of code submissions.
[url=http://burtabreu.animationblogspot.com:2gityfdw]My AnimationBlogSpot[/url:2gityfdw]
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

I don't know about that lua programming. Programming for animation is something completely different than programming for gaming. Lua is used more than often for writing game code. What I understood from the little I read about that, you can give your WoW character special powers with the proper coding.
Touched

Post by Touched »

For me, it's not so much about the prizes, but about participation in a community. Though I must say that the Cartoon Solutions character, if it can be used in commercial animations as well, is much more useful as a prize than the prizes that were offered in the latter days of the 10 Second Club. The prize for the best, most highly skilled character animation there? A book on how to animate. :)
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Touched wrote:FThe prize for the best, most highly skilled character animation there? A book on how to animate.
They should give that to the worst entry ;)
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Few days left in the contest. Hope that some more are participating. I haven't responded to personal emails this week but will do so this weekend. Swamped with school, work, internship, life -sorry.
[url=http://burtabreu.animationblogspot.com:2gityfdw]My AnimationBlogSpot[/url:2gityfdw]
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

I'm going to enter, at least I'll enter what I have finished.
Touched

Post by Touched »

I'm working on it.
Genete

Post by Genete »

Hi everyone!!
It is less than 48 hours to the finish of the current contest!!!.
You still being in time!!
Come on!!! Join to the youtube group and post your animation!!!

Ciao!
Genete
Touched

Post by Touched »

I'm posting mine now!
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

Good luck to those who entered. I wanted to submit something, but unfortunately took a lethal dose of Too Much Procrastination. Sorry to punk out. All I can say is...ugh! Look forward to seeing what everyone else did tho.
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

Well guys, I have to say that I won't be doing this contest. I got a virus about two weeks ago, which was my fault for not running anti-virus during an email check and it wasn't until last week that it really started messing up my pc. So I just walked away from using my pc for a few days. It's now been reformatted and all is well now. I just didn't have enough time to start an animation after that. Also lacked in creativity as I was upset about having to reformat. I should have been backing up more often. Which I do do but obviously not enough, this time.

Anyways, there's always next time and I'm looking forward to viewing everyones animations. :wink:
rplate

post subject

Post by rplate »

I emailed my download site to bupaje this morning in a compressed zip file.
I couldn't quite figure out what the Utube group was all about so bupaje, check your email and submit my animation.
The file waas too big to email but you can download it from my dot Mac site.
The URL is in the email I sent you
If you have trouble opening the .mov file let me know please and I'll upload in a different format.
It wouldn't open on my old mac laptop but it opened fine on my mac mini.
I'm looking forward to hearing how it's all going.
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Thanks. I'll reespond to emails and post files Thursday -off from school that day. I am buried under work. :/
Genete

Post by Genete »

bupaje wrote:Thanks. I'll reespond to emails and post files Thursday -off from school that day. I am buried under work. :/
Any news?
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Hi. Still at work and will be for another 4 hours or so. :/ I'm also sick - as usually happens just about in time for the weekend. Nevertheless as soon as I get home I'll sort the emails, post anything that needs to be posted and send links of all the final work to the judge. I'll let you all know when that happens. Best of luck to all the entrants.