2nd Moho Contest Submission - A Marble's Life...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

CrAzY Dan

2nd Moho Contest Submission - A Marble's Life...

Post by CrAzY Dan »

Here's my entry! It is 2:07 long. I hope you like it because it is my first animation ever in moho. Tell mw what you think. Thanx

http://www.freewebs.com/z3planet/!A%20M ... 0Life!.wmv

CrAzY Dan :roll:
15 year old Anime Studio user...
27/12/06: Im back and ready to get creating again!!
Hiddicop

Post by Hiddicop »

Hmm... I don't know why, but my download refuses to hold a speed greater than 1 Kb/s. It's not my internet connection, cause when I download any other file it goes at regular speed. Does the site have a limitid bandwidth, or is it something else that's the problem. I hope that I wont have to spend 2 hours downloading it, cause I'd like to see your animation.
typo

Post by typo »

Freewebs is the limiting factor here... Is there another server the video file could be uploaded to?
Nolan Scott

Post by Nolan Scott »

What a wonderful story - excellent.
I really enjoyed that very much.
Very well done.

Cheers
Nolan
CrAzY Dan

Post by CrAzY Dan »

Thanks for the good comment!
See if this works:
!a marble's life!.wmv
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

Very well done! How you long did it take you guys to do this? The voice-work leaves a little to be desired, although doing the sound fx with your own voice was funny in an odd way.

Keep up the good work, I wasn't nearly as far at your age. Then again, computers didn't exist at that time :wink:

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
Hiddicop

Post by Hiddicop »

Haha, that was very nice! I liked it - and I'll try to be nicer to marbles in the future.
stephen

Post by stephen »

A wonderful story. Well worth the wait for the slow download.
:)
CrAzY Dan

Post by CrAzY Dan »

It took about 2 weeks. Only with after schools and weekends to do it! And yes, the voices are a bit crappy, but anyway that is something to improve on in my next animation. :roll:
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Even before I saw your movie, I admired your determination and enthusiasm. After watching your movie, I'm even more impressed. You have a talent for storytelling and I enjoyed the way you presented it.

What was your process for creating it? Did you start with a script, or just wing it? Did you do any storyboards?

Well done.
CrAzY Dan

Post by CrAzY Dan »

I first thought up a story from out of nowhere and then i drew some rough storboards and my brother edited them a bit. Then we took it from there. To do the voices i wrote a rough script and then we tried to get them in sync with the mouths. (emphasis on tried! :) )

Glad you like it!
grimble67

Post by grimble67 »

I agree with the tone of the posts here. For a young fella (and his younger brother) to demonstrate such hard work and imagination toward a constructive outcome is very refreshing these days.

I thought the voices were good, especially considering it's one of the hardest elements to do effectively.

If you're this good at such a young age, move over Pixar.

I have a question: what is your avitar holding? It looks like a plant in his right hand, but is his left hand some kind of claw? It's one of the more interesting avitars.
typo

Post by typo »

The 'spoken sound effects' are what sells this cartoon. Now I feel remorse for all those marbles that I've tortured (RE: broke) over the years.
CrAzY Dan

Post by CrAzY Dan »

Ohhhh... My avatar. Try looking at http://www.fat-pie.com/salad3.htm that might clear it up a bit.

CrAzY Dan
Hiddicop

Post by Hiddicop »

OKay, I'm joining the others by congratulating you to manage this well at such a young age. I was twelve (almost thirteen) when I got Moho (version 3.0), and after seeing this animation I checked some of the animations I made then, and I must say that yours is alot better than my were.

Now, two-three years later, I feel that I've developed alot (even without using moho. I stopped moho-ing after using it for a month or two, and dusted it of six months ago), and I'm sure you will too (develop I mean, not stop using moho). Just keep up the good work! I'm looking forward to seeing more!