Create fireworks

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

HBK

Create fireworks

Post by HBK »

Im having trouble creating fireworks in the sky :? You know those "one burst" fireworks? Thats what Im trying to get... At the moment tho my fireworks look like a fountain spewing particles that wont stop. Any ideas? Or does anyone have a sample file they could share? Thanks...
HBK

Post by HBK »

Ok I had a look at the sample fireworks file and it helped although I am very confused now :oops: It uses 2 layers.... the single burst and the explosive burst. Only one layer is visible at a time.... In the explosive burst the particles change colour - how do u do that? I think I can figure out the rest...
myles

Post by myles »

HBK wrote:In the explosive burst the particles change colour - how do u do that?
On the vector layer for the particle itself (the spark) - not the particle system layer - go to a later frame on the timeline, choose the particle object (fill) using the Select Shape tool (looks like a white kidney bean under a black umbrella) , then set the new colour - a new fill keyframe is created. Create more keyframes at different points on the timeline for multiple colour changes e.g. green to yellow to black.

Regards, Myles.
Agent

Post by Agent »