Graph Mode

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

laniangeline

Graph Mode

Post by laniangeline »

:oops: I know this is probably a stupid question but I've read through the Anime Studio tutorial many times and I still can't figure out what the graph mode is and what it is used for or how to use it. Someone please explain. :oops: :? :?:
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Graph mode is kind of cool. I only just started to use it a little bit recently.

To get started read this:
http://www.lostmarble.com/moho/manual/i ... newnd.html

Scroll down to the Graph Mode and all will be revealed. It's kind of funky getting the hang of it but it does work pretty well.

I had no clue how to use the graph mode until I read that and followed the tutorial. Any thing I would explain would just be copied from the help file.

-vern
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I started to use the graph mode just this week and I love it.
It's weird to explain it, but it is like to be God:
In graph mode you can see all the things happening at the same time. You see past, present and future.

Ok, after my religious interpretation, I have a tip and a question.

The tip is here

and the question:
when you use graph mode in a channel that has several keyframes for each keyframe (for example, in the translate layer channel you can control the movement in X, Y and Z), is there a way to move vertically the 3 levels at the same time?

thanks.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Oh wow, thanks Selgin! I never realized the usefulness of graph mode. It took me awhile to figure out that I have to double click a channel to show the keyframes, but that is a cool feature.

Yeah, it's odd the marquee selection only moves all the keyframes horizontally.