Move nodes on multiple layers at once?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

bupaje

Move nodes on multiple layers at once?

Post by bupaje »

I made some shapes with multiple layers like color, shadow, highlight etc and want to manipulate it as a singole shape. In other words I made a skin type 'building block' and wanted to drag the nodes for the whole shape -is that possible or do I have to move every node on each layer? I know I can resize using a group but can see how to do the same with the nodes.

Example -I tried this experiment in PSP using a circle vector shape I created and then deforming it to make the arms, head etc

Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

When you say "nodes", do you mean the points on a curve? If that's what you're trying to do, then no, you can't move points from multiple layers all together - vector layers are totally independent and can't be linked together like that.

However, you can do essentially the same thing with bones. If you set up bones to move around different parts of your character, it doesn't matter if the character is split up into multiple layers or not - they can all be controlled by the same bones.
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Thanks, didn't get it at first and was fiddling and finally figured what you meant. Use to the 2D drawing programs and layering stuff -the vector shape I used to create that image was actually drawn as a vector then converted to raster and then pushed/smudged now that I think about it.