Change a movement without affecting everything before it

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

heyvern

Post by heyvern »

"if I place a key in a timeline and it is the first key for this object and with this tool in this timeline, then the software should copy that object's frame 0 key right before the key I put."
Well, we will have to "agree to disagree". Don't hold your breath waiting for that feature. I haven't seen it in any other animation program and I doubt we will see it in AS.

Keep in mind that using Actions already does what you are asking to some extent. If your action doesn't have any keys on frame 1, Inserting an action COPY in the timeline will place a set of keys based on the PREVIOUS KEY FRAME of what ever is keyed in the action time line.

Inserting an action REFERENCE is quite different... more like what you suggest by sticking in an extra key from frame 0 right before the action reference begins. But the reference of an action starts at frame 0 rather than from the last key frame in the main time line. I don't like this and almost always use action copies.

-vern
Phatthumb

go over it

Post by Phatthumb »

I had this same problem. I had to figure it out on my own. Just put a keyframe right before the place you want to change something. I always go back over the timeline and check it frame by frame. To make sure it moves right, or doesn't do anything I didn't tell it to do. It doesn't take that long, and in the long run saves time.
Phatthumb