delete/add frames like "F5" and "Shift+F5&quo

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

oferhod

delete/add frames like "F5" and "Shift+F5&quo

Post by oferhod »

Hey guys,
Do you know any way that I can add frames or delete frames at the middle of the timline?
(like "F5" and "Shift+F5" in flash)
?

Thanks
ofer
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Just position the cursor at the exact position of that tmeline, be sure you have the correct tool and layer selected, and right-click. Choose "Add Keyframe" from the popup.
Genete

Post by Genete »

By insert a frame you mean that you need more time between keyframe and keyframe, isn't it?
Then you have to shift the keyframes.
You can do it using the Rescale keyframes feature.
Look here and it explains how to do it in the "Animation" section:
http://www.lostmarble.com/moho/manual/i ... #animation

-G
oferhod

Post by oferhod »

Thanks slowtiger, may be I wasn't clear enough....I meant adding\reducing time between keyframe and keyframe, like Genete said.

And thanks Genete, that was help. How obvious.. I just had to look at the *** manual. I've read it before, but not the "User Interface" section..

Discovered even more new (to me) stuff :)
mooncaine

Post by mooncaine »

slowtiger wrote:Just position the cursor at the exact position of that tmeline, be sure you have the correct tool and layer selected, and right-click. Choose "Add Keyframe" from the popup.
I did not know you could do that. Somehow I neglected to notice it. Thanks!
-=-
MacBook Pro 17", 2.16Ghz, 2GB RAM, 5400rpm 120GB HD
ASP 5.5 updated August 2007
OSX 10.4.9
mooncaine

Post by mooncaine »

Cool, you just led me to discover another time-saver, the In and Out loop points:
"Sometimes, you may want to play back just a short segment of the timeline, instead of your entire animation. For example, you may be working on one small move, and you want to play it back over and over while you make small changes to see when you've got it just right.

To set a limited segment of the timeline for playback, hold down the <ctrl> key while you click in the time ruler. Click with the left mouse button to set the beginning of the segment, and click with the right mouse button to set the endpoint. To remove the limited playback segment, <ctrl>-click on the segment endpoints to remove them from the timeline."
On an Apple, that's CMD instead of ctrl....[/quote]
-=-
MacBook Pro 17", 2.16Ghz, 2GB RAM, 5400rpm 120GB HD
ASP 5.5 updated August 2007
OSX 10.4.9
Touched

Post by Touched »

I was hoping this thread would have a keyboard shortcut for, for instance, adding a keyframe for all/selected points on a vector layer. I have a tool for adding a keyframe for bones, but not for points, and definitely not for selected points. I figure I could make one for the "all points" version, but I don't know how to make it do selected with a modifier key like holding shift.
Genete

Post by Genete »

Touched wrote:I was hoping this thread would have a keyboard shortcut for, for instance, adding a keyframe for all/selected points on a vector layer. I have a tool for adding a keyframe for bones, but not for points, and definitely not for selected points. I figure I could make one for the "all points" version, but I don't know how to make it do selected with a modifier key like holding shift.
If you select the Translate points tool (original from LM) and make a click on the main widow it insert a keyframe for the selected points only. Is that what you want?
-G
Touched

Post by Touched »

Not exactly, I wanted the ability to press a key, not click in a window. Such as a button on the tool palette that I could give a hotkey. I didn't know the tip you mentioned though, so thank you, but I don't even have the original LM translate tool installed anymore.
Genete

Post by Genete »

Touched wrote:Not exactly, I wanted the ability to press a key, not click in a window. Such as a button on the tool palette that I could give a hotkey. I didn't know the tip you mentioned though, so thank you, but I don't even have the original LM translate tool installed anymore.
I keep original LM beacause that and other features as well... I use both in the same Draw section.
If you want a only one click to do that it can be easily scripted in a button tool. I don't know if the script already exists because the option to do that with original LM tool is a good choice also.
-G