Synchronising Sound and Animation in Anime Studio .... how??

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mooncaine

Post by mooncaine »

Excellent tip, Vern.

For those who would like a shortcut for processing music to make the beat more prominent [to help the Bone Audio Wiggle script find the beat]:

1. Listen: does the regular, clockwork beat happen with low frequencies [oom oom oom oom] or high [pshhhh pshhhh pshhh]?

2. If oom, use an EQ to take away all the high end [the right side of the graphic EQ, for example, or the Treble knob]. Now you mostly hear the OOM OOM OOM OOM and the rest is muffled.

If pshhh, do the opposite: use EQ to take away the low end [the left side of a graphic EQ, or the Bass knob]. Now you hear mostly the PSHHHH PSHHHH PSHHHH PSHHHH, and the rest is muffled [probably sounds tinny and far away].

3. Export to a file with a new name that means something to you. You're done.
-=-
MacBook Pro 17", 2.16Ghz, 2GB RAM, 5400rpm 120GB HD
ASP 5.5 updated August 2007
OSX 10.4.9
Mohlar

Post by Mohlar »

That sounds like a neat and devious little work-around Vern. Even though my skills with AS aren't yet at the level where I can aim to match sound to action, this idea looks like one that I should soon be able to experiment with just as a test.

Having worked (in my misbegotten youth) on the editing process of 16mm film and associated soundtracks for an industrial film unit, I can appreciate your notes as being a nice, clear explanation. (O for the days of cut-and-splice with chinagraph pencils on acetate. Oooo - I'm coming over all nostalgic for the smells of film and magnetic tape in a sealed, sweaty room.)

Thanks also mooncaine for the slighty surreal pshooms - but I get your idea.

Thanks.
Once, I saw myself in a mirror.
Or did I?