natural lines

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

2manycontrols

natural lines

Post by 2manycontrols »

another question for you all if thats ok!

being new to animation, im not aware of techniques that are employed, so i sat down and watch several episodes of Family Guy and the Simpsons, and watching everything on the screen, rather than just the main characters.

I was looking at some of the simple scenes i had made and comparing them. simple black/dark gret outlines - check, simple one color shading - check. so why does mine look like a flash file and not a cartoon.

then it dawned on me that its because no line in family guy or simpsons, is actually straight. deliberate or not, but every surface is uneven and wavy to an extent.

so, he question is - to achieve this non-perfect kind of look, should i be simply having much more points in each straight line and varying it slightly, or is there a plug in that can take an object/line and make it imperfect when it comes to rendering to save having more points?

any help would be much appreciated. god i love this program!
Squeakydave

Post by Squeakydave »

You could go to the layers panel, select the vectors tab and turn on noisy outlines and noisy fils and fiddle around with the settings. :D
I've been itching to use these effects for ages but never quite had the correct project.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

You can also select a bunch of points, then use the Draw->Random Line Width menu command to make the lines between them uneven. Experiment with different min/max width values.