How do I preview opacity in real time

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Wickster

How do I preview opacity in real time

Post by Wickster »

I'm trying to create a simple fade in - fade out slide show and I can't preview opacity of my layers... they just appear to be 100% opaque all the time even on 0% opacity on the "workspace". is this only me or should i post on the feature request?
Hiddicop

Post by Hiddicop »

If your using moho 5 you can click on the "Display Quality"-button on the bottom of the workscreen. Check the "transparency"-box. In case you don't already know - the "display quality" window decides what effects are applied in the workscreen.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Actually, the transparency option in Display Quality only applies to individual shapes. Overall layer transparency cannot be previewed in the editing view, and must be rendered to be seen.
kdiddy13

Post by kdiddy13 »

Actually, the transparency option in Display Quality only applies to individual shapes. Overall layer transparency cannot be previewed in the editing view, and must be rendered to be seen.
I'd like to request that this be put in in a future update. Until then, I'll manage :)
________
Dodge viper e85 specifications
Last edited by kdiddy13 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

kdiddy13 wrote:
I'd like to request that this be put in in a future update. Until then, I'll manage :)

I'd like to "second' that request. :)
Banterfield

Post by Banterfield »

Lost Marble wrote:Actually, the transparency option in Display Quality only applies to individual shapes. Overall layer transparency cannot be previewed in the editing view, and must be rendered to be seen.
This was a change from the previous version, right? It seems like the old wireframe mode is no longer available, unless I'm missing a checkbox somewhere. This was very helpful to me, so I'll, I guess I'll "third" the request. :)

Kind regards,
Dave
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

What we've been talking about is not related at all to wireframe display. The transparency we're discussing is what happens when you set a layer's alpha value to something less than 100% and render the result.
Banterfield

Post by Banterfield »

Oh. Based on the first few posts I thought we were talking about the behavior of the quality settings and how layers are represented in the display window. Thus my comment.
Dave