Bones Problem

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

BrunoLatas

Bones Problem

Post by BrunoLatas »

Hello, the problem is: when i manipulate an bone of body parts, this bone change position of all body, for example if i manipulate left foot bone, this manipulate all body and distorced all body. I need only manipulate the area of left foot and not all body, i dont know what is happening...i change bone strenght to not touch to the other body parts ...but this dont solve the problem...Thanks for any help :roll:

||Sorry for my bad english||[/img]
myles

Post by myles »

You need to read Tutorial 3.1 - Bone Binding.

You are still in Flexible binding mode. In this mode, the bone strength visual region is only important in how it compares in size to other bones - the bone strength visual region shown doesn't affect just the points inside it. A bone with a large bone strength region will affect nearby points outside the bone strength visual region , even if those points are inside another bone strength visual region .

If you go to the Layer Settings for your bone layer, and change the binding mode (under the Bones tab) to Region binding, the bone strength visual region now indicates which bones affect which points. This is what you are expecting, I think. A point inside one bone strength visual region will not be affected by another bone (unless the two bone strength visual region overlap).

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Also, if you want the body to stay still and not move at all, you may want to consider adding one large bone that covers most of the areas that you want to stay still. This large bone will act as a sort of "anchor", holding most of the body still, while the leg bones move the leg around.
BrunoLatas

Post by BrunoLatas »

Thats my bones problem:

"When a bone is selected, it is drawn in the highlighted color, red. When you add a new bone, it becomes the "child" of the currently selected bone. The parent-child relationship for bones means that the child can move around without affecting the parent, but if the parent moves, the child will move with it. This is why it was important to draw the previous three bones in order: the thigh bone's connected to the spine bone, the shin bone's connected to the thigh bone, and the foot bone's connected to the shin bone (at least in Frank's body).

When a bone is selected, it's displayed in red. Its parent also gets displayed differently: in blue. The parent is highlighted like this for your information - sometimes you may connect bones in the wrong order and looking for the blue parent bone can help determine where things went wrong."

I forgot select the main bone(spine bone) after made the other leg bone! lol :roll:

Thanks anyway for your help people :wink: