Is it just me? I've got the vector image blues...

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

macweenie

Is it just me? I've got the vector image blues...

Post by macweenie »

Well, my first animation in Moho was using bones to deform .png images and it went well, or at least as good as I think could be expected. However I want to be able to export to a flash file so am endeavoring to create my next animation using vector images which itself isn't that hard but the results are junk.

I have tried to use both Adobe Illustrator (saving the resulting files as AI 3.3 up to 8.0 and EPS with the same versions) and Flash (also exporting both AI and EPS) but they keep coming out as black and white images. Sure they are vector images but they look like hell and I can't use them.

Is there some kind of setting I need to click on when I export the file that maybe I am missing? Can I not use gradients? Do I have to import a multiple layer file? I have avoided using vector image apps like the plague until now so maybe it is some simple fix I don't know about and any info will be appreciated.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Moho can only import basic vector shapes from Illustrator/EPS files, and is not able to import gradients.
macweenie

Post by macweenie »

:? Well, then I guess it is back to the drawing board to simplify everything. Are there any plans in the works to add a few more gradients to Moho? Maybe even just a reflected gradient?
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Maybe, I don't know. I can't make any promises about what will be added in the future.
spasmodic_cheese

Post by spasmodic_cheese »

actually moho made me change the whole way i draw
i ended up coming out with a style like this

http://www.mypetcaretaker.com/hello_final.swf

which sorta goes into
http://www.peoplewhoeat.com/happyMan.swf

Of course mohos drawing tools are a pain in the arse, but if you really want you can get something quite respectable..

if your exporting to swf, drawing in moho and you want good shapes i would suggest not using any outlines, if you want lines make another shape and put it behind.

please note the above werent made in moho, although it could be done