animated personal photos

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

toonertime

animated personal photos

Post by toonertime »

How do I create a little animated personal tag like genete's
walking stick figure? What size and format, and is it done
in Studio?
Genete

Post by Genete »

You can do it with several tools. I've used a conversion tool included in ImageMagick set of tools. In particular the command is "convert". See this link that comes from the main page of Imagemagick and go to animation basics. There you will find very useful information.

First, from Anime Studio, export your animation to a sequence of images. In my case there are 48 images for a complete walk cycle. I used jpeg to include the transparent background of Anime Studio animation. You can use png instead to have more definition but it could result a huge file. Later use this command.

Code: Select all

convert -delay 4 escena100*.jpg avatar.gif
it converts a sequence of all the images in the current layer (escena00*.jpg) into an animated gif with a delay between images of 4/100 seconds (that is 25 frames per second)

As well as convert also can resize the conversion and it does it very well you can export your animation from AS to a image sequence in the original size of the image and later during conversion you can use this option in the command line:

Code: Select all

-size 50x80
to have an avatar of 50 wide and 80 high, for example.

ImageMagick is one of the most versatile package for image conversion, retouching and many many more things. It must be in the folder of every serious animator / artist.
ImageMagick is free software delivered as a ready-to-run binary distribution or as source code that you can freely use, copy, modify, and distribute. Its license is compatible with the GPL. It runs on all major operating systems.
This is a fantastic tool!!!

Regards
Genete
toonertime

image magik

Post by toonertime »

thanks genete

i can see you put a lot of effort into anime studio and
animation, and i appreciate your sharing
your resources!
sour_jax

Post by sour_jax »

This Program rocks!!!
The best things in life are free! Salvation, being the greatest!

Visit http://www.handbookforlife.com