My first animation with AS...don't know what I'm donig?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

AngryMonster

My first animation with AS...don't know what I'm donig?

Post by AngryMonster »

Hi

Here is my first animation with AS...

http://www.scragglemuffin.com/AnimeStud ... gey02.anme

Could some one please tell me if I am doing things right.

- Am I using to many layers?...or to little.
- Am I doing anything unnecessary?
- Is this how Greykid organizes his layers/scenes?(probaly not ah!?)

Like everyone I really like Greykids animation...and I want to know that I am heading in the right direction....for instance...

This scene only has one drawing in it. From what I gather Greykid uses several main poses and bone/point animates between them.

- Is that correct?
- If so how do you introduce another pose and how do you animate into it from another?

Great thanks!!......I have heaps more questions but i'll save them for another post.
Last edited by AngryMonster on Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Genete

Post by Genete »

It is a very good start. It seems you're not a newbie.
If you are happy with this kind of animation style (more point animation than bone animation) it great! You are happy with it ... than you are doing it in the good way!!!. I can tell you that the result is very good so it is the only important thing.
But you can use your skills better if add actions to situate points in different relative positions to the spine bones (not easy to explain in a few words). Search the forum and you'll find tons of examples and tutorials. Also good for make reusable the face expressions (included the eyes)

One tip: place the shadow in a top layer inside the bone layer and mask it whit the rest of the layers. Also the shadow could be a 50% transparent black shape to drop shadow to all the character, included the teeth , nose and eyes and not only the body like now.

Congratulations for the character. You will enjoy a lot Anime Studio. Please post more animations. You seems to be a promising contributor of the forum :wink:

Regards
Genete
AngryMonster

Post by AngryMonster »

Great thanks!... Genete

So i'm on the right track!

What about introducing another pose...like quite a different one. Would you use a new drawing?....if so how do you introduce in to your animation?...and does it have to have the same amount of points as the other drawing?

Thanks

and thanks for the shadow and tone tips!
Genete

Post by Genete »

AngryMonster wrote:Great thanks!... Genete

So i'm on the right track!

What about introducing another pose...like quite a different one. Would you use a new drawing?....if so how do you introduce in to your animation?...and does it have to have the same amount of points as the other drawing?

Thanks

and thanks for the shadow and tone tips!
It depends if you want a smooth transition between poses or not.
Smooth transition: probably same points and use of actions or switch layers qith interpolation (limited to linear interpolation).
Quick transition: use switch layer or visibility keyframes like in your example.

Cheers!
AngryMonster

Post by AngryMonster »

ok

I understand the quick transition.

but the smooth transition....I dont know what actions are or interpolations (limited or linear).

I guess back to the tutorials...:shock:

Thanks a lot for your help! :D
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

I think that's so cool for your first animation!
Keep it up! And the character looks cool too :)
AngryMonster

Post by AngryMonster »

Patmals wrote:I think that's so cool for your first animation!
Keep it up! And the character looks cool too :)
Thanks Patmals....I find it tough learning a new program.
So expect to see a lot of me and my problems on these forums.