question from a newbie

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jnshiels

question from a newbie

Post by jnshiels »

I just downloaded the demo version of the software and I see a lot of potential with the program. I have a few questions though.

I have created a character that I want to be able to walk and talk. The tutorial shows how to make the character move and there is a separate tutorial showing how to make the character talk, but how do you do both at the same time? My major questions centers on the fact that in order to animate the pupils and mouth they need to be on their own layer separated from the head. Will this cause any problems when I give the entire body "bones"?

Also, how do you do text in the program?

Thank you in advance.
AcouSvnt

Post by AcouSvnt »

If all layers are pulled into the bones layer, then they can all move together with the main bones. To do this well requires a bit of planning, though. For example, you could totally animate the face and have that be a group layer containing the head, eyes, mouth; then you could pull that group layer into a bone layer to attach to the head bone.

Draw->Insert Text should get you on the right path for text. Be aware that the text is actually a vector. You can warp it, change curvature, or anything else that you can do to vectors.
-Keith