problem displaying switch layers

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

object22

problem displaying switch layers

Post by object22 »

I created a switch layer for some different mouth shapes. there are a lot of keyframes all highlighted in a pink background in my animation, for some reason the switch layers for the mouth will not be visible until after the pink highlighted animation has passed, as soon as the pink area ends, the switch layers start.

i erased all keyframes to start fresh and now everything is highlighted pink in the timeline for the switch layers and they wont display.

any ideas? i think this is something really simple and im just have special moment. :?
AcouSvnt

Post by AcouSvnt »

Your question mentions nothing about the switch file. I assume you successfully created a switch file and imported it? If so, what is the first line on the file? Have you looked at the file itself, in a text editor? Does it show as starting on something other than frame 1?
-Keith
object22

Post by object22 »

im not using a datafile to control the switching, the help said you can manually animate them by hand if you like by right clicking the switch layer which automatically creates keyframes.

if the keyframe is in a highlighted pink area it wont display the mouth on the character, but as soon as the timeline plays past the pink highlighted keyframes it will start displaying the mouth.. i dont get whats up with the evil pink highlighted area..it just sits there...laughing at me....mocking me....
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

The pink area is a Moho 5 feature, it allows you to create frames anywhere, Moho 4 could only create artwork at frame "0". You have created/imported layers on frames other than "0" and therefore will not be displayed in that pink area. Either find the starting frame of those layers (the end of the pink) and drag those keyframes to the beginning of the animation or import/create those layers while you make sure you are working on frame "0".

The reason for this new feature is to similate traditional animation, where every frame is seperate. Before you had to create everything on frame "0", now you can jump in at any point and create different drawings in one layer. In your case, try to accomodate yourself to rewind to the beginning before adding layers.

Good luck,

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com

PS, once this problem is gone I will laugh at you and mock you if you start missing it ok?