".avi" isn't there!

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

rogerbz

".avi" isn't there!

Post by rogerbz »

This might be a silly question, but I cant find the ".avi" format when I open the Render Animation. The other file formats are ok, but once I use the avi extension to convert to svcd, I wonder what has happened to that extension. By the way, I have swiched OS and am using Moho for Linux. Any help? Thanks.javascript:emoticon(':?')
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

AVI and QuickTime export are not available on the Linux version of Moho.
rogerbz

Post by rogerbz »

Oh, I see. Thanks for the help! :wink:
myles

Post by myles »

To get AVI files from Moho, write yourself a little shell script to call your favorite Linux encoder with the still image sequence that is output from Moho.

A number of alternatives are available. I've used mencoder, see : http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/me ... mages.html

For an existing shell script for you to play with and modify, with further detail, see : http://www.cscs.ch/~mvalle/mencoder/mencoder.html

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
AcouSvnt

Post by AcouSvnt »

I'm noticing right now that mencode doesn't seem to support .BMP for still input files. That's too bad, I have a folder of 'em right now and I'm currently sitting at the iBook (yes, there is a mencode for OSX). Maybe some kind of batch converter could give me my short-term fix ....

I still wish moho would handle importing a numbered series of images as if they were a movie.
-Keith
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

On your iBook, start up the QuickTime player. Then, select "Open Image Sequence" from the File menu. Select the first BMP file in the sequence and the QuickTime player should find the rest and open them as a movie. Finally, use the File->Export menu command to save the sequence out as a self-contained movie.
AcouSvnt

Post by AcouSvnt »

Alas, no such choice under File. :? Maybe it's a "Quicktime Pro" thing or whatever.
-Keith