Stiching SWF'S together

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

burnyourflag

Stiching SWF'S together

Post by burnyourflag »

So Moho dosn't have a scene's persay. From what I can figure out the idea is that you create a new file for each new scene. That's cool but...

How do you put them together at the end? I know there's programs that can put AVI's together. Does anyone know any good ones that do it to SWF's. Is there anyway to do it in MoHo without needing and extra program. It seems kinda silly to not be able to do it in MoHo.
Max Power

Post by Max Power »

Moho dosnt have the tools to "stich" together multiple scenes, the main reason I see is due to the limits of their audio engine. So create your scenes seprately then...

Most people seem to do the following; when working with swf's put them all together in flash add in your sound and your good to go. For the more complex projects (some things dont export to swf)adobe premier seems to be the Moho users first choice.

I'm an audio guy so I think of Moho as my source material, like fruity loops or a drum machine, then I move it to premeir like i would move the audio to Cubase so I can take a step back and look at the project as a whole.

Hope I helped, there seems to be as many different methods as there are users so you should be able to find the one that "fits" best in your set up.

Max Power

also look for Mohoptimize prog. a forum member created it to shrink your swf's w/o sacrificing quality.
cribble

Re: Stiching SWF'S together

Post by cribble »

burnyourflag wrote: I know there's programs that can put AVI's together. Does anyone know any good ones that do it to SWF's. Is there anyway to do it in MoHo without needing and extra program. It seems kinda silly to not be able to do it in MoHo.

You can do it in moho, but you'll have to plan your project very well and you'll end up with a really large .moho file so be careful.
But some software that might help:
Macromedia Flash- This is pretty much the foundation of SWF so this is the tool to have to help aid that.
Swish - Alot cheaper than Macromedia's Flash, imports and exports SWFs
Kool Moves - I'm not sure of what this can do, but i know its flash related.

I hope this is to any help. Have fun and experiment.
--Scott
cribble.net