Animating various Liquids

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Max Power

Animating various Liquids

Post by Max Power »

I was wondering if anyone had any tricks to animate liquids in various forms.

Specifically I'm trying to achieve a believable; Water in a glass, a Pool of blood that slowly expands, and a vomiting character.

I'm sure that there are many ways to accomplish these tasks, I just figured that one of them would be "more correct" than the others.

Thanks,
Max Power
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

This depends on the style, realistic or cartoon, 2D or 3D. 3D programs often have sophisticated methods for that. Even the freeware Blender software has some effects that can simulate liquids, but that's not an easy program to get into.

For expanding graphics like blood I'd use a vector drawing with plenty of points and move points and let them interpolate over time. Vomit would be better as an explosion type particle animation. If you're new to particle effects in Moho I suggest you try the presets like explosion and snow and change the presets and change the graphics embedded in the particle layer. If you replace the puffy clouds from the explosion and draw solid green, brown and yellow blobs projecticle vomiting should be easy! Water bubbles you can do with the snow effect, change direction and draw bubbles instead of snowflakes.

By the way, blood and vomit? You sick bastard! I bet that water in your glass is yellow right? And that would be "recycled" water... You make me sick Max!

Good luck and I look forward to your dirty and disgusting animations,

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
AcouSvnt

Post by AcouSvnt »

Heh. Why can't you animate nice liquids, young man?
-Keith
Max Power

Post by Max Power »

Heh. Why can't you animate nice liquids, young man?
heh heh... my sick, twisted, demented and sadistic reasons are my own.
my happy, childish, benevolent, and joyfull reasons however....well they're mine too.

As far as video programs I am only using Moho with a bit of Flash and Photoshop mixed in. I plan on putting it together in premeir but I havnt gotten that far yet.

you guys have been helpfull. Im only a month old in Moho years so I'm still preety noob. But I think with your sugestions, I can make it work.

post script: If you look at my site below, you will see why I've steped in to "Moho up" the production quality.