Organizing actions

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

grimble67

Organizing actions

Post by grimble67 »

I'm working on a cartoon with a nice opening shot that tracks the camera through trees, etc. Now, if I want to have a character walk through the trees (20 seconds in to the cartoon) am I to understand that the following technique is the way to achieve this:

1. draw the character in it's own layer group, at frame 0

2. create a new "action" (walking)

3. in the edit screen for this action, make all layers invisible, except for the character layer

4. in the main line edit screen, insert the walking character in to the frame that he is to appear

To "Flash"-ify this terminology, is Frame 0 like the library, in Flash? All characters and shapes and graphics go in to Frame 0, and their layers should be made invisible if the aren't required yet?

I'm new to Moho, and I don't want to develop bad habits if there are better ways of doing things.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

1 and 2 are correct. These would be the next steps:

3. In the main timeline, make the character invisible at frame 0. (Do this by un-checking the Visible checkbox in the Layer Settings dialog for the character's layer.)

4. At the frame you want the character to appear, turn its Visible checkbox back on, and start using the Walk action.

There's no need to do anything with the visibility of the tree layers, since they are supposed to remain visible the entire time.
ZeHa

Post by ZeHa »

A little hint: I would make the character in a seperate Moho file and then import him into your forest. So if you use that character in some other scenes, you can import him there again, and if you need some more actions for him, you can add those in his own file and then import the "new" character with his new actions