zoom and pan shortcuts?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

buijon

zoom and pan shortcuts?

Post by buijon »

I know i saw them somewhere in the built in tutorials (after struggling for a while) but i haven`t used the program in 2 weeks and forgot. How can you pan and zoom without having to click the tools each time? Isn`t there a keyboard shortcut like PS where you hold Space and drag?
myles

Post by myles »

Right-mouse-button drag (no key necessary) for panning around the workspace, scroll-wheel for zooming in and out (Shift right-drag if you don't have a scroll-wheel, and you can set this up to drag a zoom-box around the area of interest). Ctrl right-drag for workspace rotation.

As recently posted by rplate in the Tips & Techniques section, Esc to zoom to the current layer contents (Shift-Esc to selected points), and Home to reset the working view.

I think multi-button scroll mice for the Macs work the same but I don't know the Mac single-button mouse equivalents off-hand.

You can find these in the manual rigt down the very bottom under Appendix; Anime Studio shortcuts.

For actual camera manipulation during animation, hover the mouse over the toolbar buttons. In the pop-up tooltips the shortcut keys are displayed.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
buijon

Post by buijon »

is there i way i could set it up to make crtl_+ and ctrl_- to be the zooming? And another button to be pan? I`m using a stylus that the buttons are broken on :\
myles

Post by myles »

You can click on the zoom or pan buttons in the toolbar and then left-drag to the left and right for zoom or just left-drag anywhere for pan (or set preferences to left-drag a zoom-box).

You can set up shortcut keys for the zoom and pan buttons by editing the _tool_list.txt file (make a backup first, you will be held responsible for any breakages if you decide to do this).

Short of scripting, I don't think there is an easy way of setting up Ctrl+ and Ctrl- for zoom "jump levels".

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
bluehickey

Post by bluehickey »

Wow, this is great, I was wasting so much time clicking on those icons in the tool bar! I'll have to check out those shortcut tips in the Appendix. (Would have been helpful if they would have listed the shortcuts when you are going through the tutorials.)
Marieke

Pan and Zoom with tablet pen

Post by Marieke »

I just found out how to zoom and pan more easily with my tablet pen.

You have to click on the magnifier glass in the toolbar, but after that, the top of the pen button zooms in and out, the lower side of that penbutton to pan.

Still have to click the magnifier glass first, but its faster like this than having to click the glass, then the pan-hand, then the glass etc...

Anyone found a way to not even have to click the magnifiing glass? Like in photoshop cmd-space?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Do you mean shift + drag right click?
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
arfa

Post by arfa »

Would have been helpful if they would have listed the shortcuts
I put together a cheat sheet a while back as part of my AS study

viewtopic.php?t=12733

It is no doubt missing bits for ver6 but may still be useful