Easing in or out?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

foundmarble

Easing in or out?

Post by foundmarble »

It seems like my animation is normal speed at first, then slowing (or easing out) at the next keyframe.

for example:
I set a keyframe for frame 1. I then scale the layer at keyframe 70. At first the animation is running normal then frames 50 to 70 seem to slow down. Easing out?

What am I missing? Got to be a setting somewhere.....
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

You can change the interpolation between keyfrmes by right-clicking on them. A popup menu will appear letting you choose the type of interpolation. If you don't want any variation in the speed between keyframes, select "Linear".

The interpolation affects the movement between the keyframe you apply it to and the next one. So, in your case, you would want to set the keyframe at frame 1 to Linear.
jeff

Post by jeff »

I've said it before and I'll say it again; it would be really useful if two more options were added: <ease in> on its own and <ease out>.

Jeff
7feet

Post by 7feet »

Well, at this point I guess it's all about how Moho's timeline is structured, as I understand it now, each keyframe controls the keyframe "style" until the next keyframe. So, until (if?) user controlled parameters are added to this, I'd hope for more variations. A separate "ease in" and "ease out" would be mighty handy in the interim.

--Brian