Locking Bones?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ZeHa

Locking Bones?

Post by ZeHa »

Hello!

Today I noticed something in the Timeline Window called "Lock Bones". But I could not find any possibility to lock them. How do I do this?

My problem is the following:
I've got a character and made an action called "walk". When I did this action, the character was smiling towards the camera. But in my movie I don't want them to always look in the same direction. So when I change the eyes of him during a walk action, I have to do this over and over again, because the eyes always move back to their original position. I also connected them with bones, so I thought I could do that with locking bones... but if there is another (even simpler) possibility, PLEASE let me know ;)
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

I don't think bone locking is going to help with your character's eyes. If you're using an action, it sounds like maybe you added a keyframe for the eyes in the Walk action. That would cause the eyes to go back every time the action repeated itself.

You can find out more about bone locking in Tutorial 3.2, but liek I said, I don't think it will really help in this situation.
ZeHa

Post by ZeHa »

Thanks for your reply,

and you were right - bone locking is something different :) (well you should know this anyway ;))

Now I deleted the bones for the eyes and made them new, so their animation that was included in the actions was deleted as well (although I don't really understand why they had animation in this action).