Switch layer bone binding

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

blackspittle

Switch layer bone binding

Post by blackspittle »

Is it possible to bind a bone to a switch layer with diffrent arm poses? how can i do it? thanks...
" but what good is a muffin if your not alive to eat it" - agent 'smink'-----(lucky bob's time machine)
patrick

Post by patrick »

Yep, just place the switch group in the bones layer, as you would an image layer.
blackspittle

Post by blackspittle »

i tried that and got it, i still have a problem, is it possible to bind two bones (arm bones) together at the same time in a switch layer? when i bind one the other one remains fixed and the movement is awkward...what must i do?
" but what good is a muffin if your not alive to eat it" - agent 'smink'-----(lucky bob's time machine)
Genete

Post by Genete »

If you only want two arm poses and Switch layers dont work then use Actions for every pose. It is a little rough use actions for only a pose but ir works.

-------

Si lo que quieres es solamente dos posturas para el brazo y las switch layers no funcionan, usa las Acciones para cada postura. Es un poco rudo usar acciones para solamente una postura, pero funciona.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Unless I am missunderstanding whay you are trying to do... sounds to me like you need multiple bones in the switch layer.

You can put bones on a switch layer just like a bone layer.

Put in bones for the arms in the switches to control the mesh of all the layers in your switch.

Now... bind the switch layer to the BICEP bone of the parent bone layer.

If this isn't what you meant... please expnad on your explanation a bit.

-vern
blackspittle

Post by blackspittle »

Thanks guys for your replies...i'll try that action technique, thanks...but i just want to know if this could be done by moho...

The aim is to animate a rectangle box with dual colors black and white, i want to box to bend from white to black so i made a white layer and a black layer and put them in a switch layer...Here i have created the layer with the bones and everything...

Now i click the bind bone tool and then click on the lower bone and upper bone respectively and then i try to manipulate and this is what i get, the bone doesn't bend with the rectangle... can i fix this? how

Thanks...
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I think...

I think you need to go and look at some of the tutorials.

I think you are over complicating this. You just want to use flexible binding on the bone layer. Either on the bone layer with two layers under it... or put bones in the switch layer to control those layers.

When you bind a layer to a bone, the bone doesn't effect the mesh at all... it moves the whole layer as a unit.

When you use point binding or flexible or region binding with a bone layer that will move the mesh the way you want.

You want to bend the mesh... you need to use standard bone binding on the layers.

A switch layer "blends" the shape from one layer to the next. It is usually used to do "morphing" type things... or switching between different image or vector layers.

If this is what you are trying to do... put the bones IN THE SWITCH LAYER. Those bones will control the mesh of each layer in the switch.

-vern
Genete

Post by Genete »

Here is an rough example of heyvern wanted to say (more olr less :lol:). If you use a Switch layer inside a bone layer it must be attached to the MAIN bone of the inmediate bone layer above. Then switch layer follows movements of that bone.
In my example, as well as "virtual head" is inside the skeleton, it will move as desired.

Thankyou a lot to you and to heyvern because i've discovered how to easy make a caracter carry on with something.

Great !!

:arrow: http://es.geocities.com/genetita/moho/llevando.zip
-------------

Este es un ejemplo burdo de lo que heyvern quería decir (mas o menos :lol:). Si quieres usar Switch layer dentro de una capa de huesos, entonces debe estar atada al hueso principal de la capa de huesos inmediatamente anterior. Entonces la switch layer sigue el movimiento de ese hueso.
En mi ejmplo como "virtual head" esta dentro del esqueleto aquella se moverá como se desea.

Gracias a ti y heyvern he descubierto como hacer fácilemente que un personaje carge con algo.

Maravilloso!!!
blackspittle

Post by blackspittle »

Well, i can't say this has helped cuz i'm still having the same problems
...i know this is easy..i'll find a way to figure this one out myself...thanks anyways :(