"Moving", sketchy Outlines

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Pogel Adler

"Moving", sketchy Outlines

Post by Pogel Adler »

Hello there!
I've been playing around with the Moho Demo (great tool) but I've been wondering if there is a way to give the lines in Moho a more "sketchy" feel to them.

I basically mean nervously moving lines, like every frame was drawn a little different, so you'd get a more "analogue" feel.

Is there a script that moves points like a few pixels randomly? Or can I create different shapes and have them randomly change every frame?

Any hints would be appreciated!

P-
7feet

Post by 7feet »

Double click on the Vector layer you want to mess with to bring up the Layer Properties window. Go to the "Vectors" Tab. There is everything you want. If you just want the outlines sketchy, in a hand-drawn by frame kinda way, check "Noisy Outlines" and "Animated Noise". Play with the numbers 'til you have something you like. And make sure to play with the "extra lines" bit. It's not for everything, but can be awfully cool in the right spot. Without it, your line will move around randomly, but with it, and as long as you keep the Offset fairly low, with 2 or 3 extra lines you can get a really nice, varying width, convincingly sketchy sort of line.

--Brian
Pogel Adler

Post by Pogel Adler »

Thanks a lot!

Much to learn, I still have ;)