Any Good Tutorials

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Qbee

Any Good Tutorials

Post by Qbee »

Are there any good tutorials out there that helps with character making in Moho? If so could anyone point me in the right direction.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Have you read the tutorials that come with Moho? Select Help from Moho's Help menu to bring up the manual, then follow the links to the Tutorials section. If you're looking for help beyond that, then what specifically are you having trouble with?
Qbee

Post by Qbee »

This is my character and I want to maintain the style that I have. I was wondering if there was a tutorial on cutting up your character and making it animatable.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Well, Tutorial 3.4 deals specifically with cutting up a character and animating it. However, it may not "cut up" the character in the same way you have in mind. If you want to cut up an existing image, also take a look at Tutorial 4.1.

If you're planning on cutting up that particular image, you're going to have problems. For example, you will never be able to animate the right arm moving away from the body. Because it starts out behind the torso, Moho would have no way to bring out the hidden part of the arm. Similarly for the hand behind the knee and other overlapping parts.

In general you can't just animate an existing drawing. Artwork for animation is different for still artwork, since some parts will be visible at some times and hidden at other times. You'll probably need to re-draw that character in Moho, but with her arms either spread away from the body to start with, or arranged in separate layers.