DVD Menu animation

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Nathan1k9

DVD Menu animation

Post by Nathan1k9 »

Well i'm looking for any ideas that any of you can come up with. I'm working on this dvd with some friends and i took some pictures from the movie, i want to make an animation showing these pictures for the background of the dvd menu but i would like it to be pretty flashy, i don't just want simple fades beteween pictures or any junk like that. So if anyone can suggest anything on a way to show these pictures. All suggestions will be appreciated.
7feet

Post by 7feet »

Quick thought - there's a script (search the scripting forum) to draw a path and then make a layer move along a path. Combining images swimming around each other, along with some playing with transparency (maybe set any alpha channel changes to keyframe type noisy on some to wierd it out a little? ) could be cool. Throw in some layer FX, maybe blur out on the fade, animate a layer shadow that tightens as an imige comes to the fore, play with layer blending modes. And if you plan it right, you could make it loop nice 'n' slick.
Nathan1k9

Post by Nathan1k9 »

That's actually a good idea i'l definitlygive it a try. If anyone has any other ideas you should still post them. Thanks