Timing event sound to specific frame

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

marymary

Timing event sound to specific frame

Post by marymary »

Hi...I would like to put a 'crash' sound in my animation that only plays during certain frames. Is this possible with AnimeStudio? I added sound on a switch layer but it seems to only play as background sound starting with first frame. I can't figure out how to only play sound during crash frames. :?:
sacrejacques

Post by sacrejacques »

it always starts at the first frame, but in the script section, i think there's a script that starts the sound at the frame you import it on.

you can't choose where to end the sound, so just edit the sound file with an editor.
marymary

Post by marymary »

Thank you! That sounds like it'd work just fine for what I want ....but I've never used the scripts before. Got any tips? :wink:
marymary

Post by marymary »

Well sacrejacques, you're idea sounded great, but I just checked and cannot find such a script in the menu. There's one script under "sounds" called "bone audio wiggle". That doesn't sound like what I'd need, but it's grayed out anyway. I'll keep looking for scripts.
sacrejacques

Post by sacrejacques »

Padsound is the script, and I use Audacity for editing

here it is:
http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2502
7feet

Post by 7feet »

A general suggestion - Go fishin' through the script forum, really! I've written a pile of stuff that's really useful, and I'm certainly not alone. Because every tool is a script, you can modify mostb anything in the program. The embedded scripts ( scripts you can assign to a particular layer, and can work in real time) are completely insane. The possibilities are so vast that I think I could probaly spend an easy 6 months finding new and cool things to do, if somebody would pay me.

Anybody want some custom scripts?
marymary

Post by marymary »

Thank you sacrejacques and 7feet. This is a terrific script...but I'm not very knowledable in that area and am having a little problem. I have Audacity but haven't learned how to use it yet. (tonite was the first time I opened it actually)

I tried inserting the padsound script in Moho and it told me the WAV file was compressed and not usable. I don't know how to UNcompress it. I used Edit>Copy in Audacity hoping it would make an uncompressed copy. It worked, sorta. The padsound script accepted the WAV file and it worked SWELL. The sound plays at the correct spot in the animation. But now my wav sound is just static. I've lost the "crash" sound. Your script is great 7feet, but what am I doing wrong? :?

Once I figure this out, I can't wait to try some of the other scripts. Thanks!
7feet

Post by 7feet »

In the Audacity preferences window, in the File Formats tab, make sure the the "Uncompressed Export Format" is set to "WAV (Microsoft 16 bit PCM)". You could, if you really needed smaller files, save them as "WAV (Microsoft 8 bit PCM)", but 8 bit quality is vastly lower than 16 bit and I really don't recpommend it.

Open up the file, and then save an uncompressed copy using File->Export As WAV (probably want to change the name a bit, unless you really do want to overwrite the original file). That should do the trick.

I'm not sure what's going on with the static, but it's likely that Audacity is doing something odd. If it were possible for you to email me a copy of that file, PM me and I'll give you an email address that I actually check a lot to send it to. There might be somthing strange about the header in the file, and it's easier to fix if I can just dig in the file.
marymary

Post by marymary »

Closing out this topic by saying that the PadSound script by 7feet works terrific and did exactly what i wanted....delayed sound until a specific keyframe. Easy as pie to use. The problem I had with static was a problem with the sound file and not related to script. Problem is solved! Yippee. :D thanks for help 7feet.