panning camera problem

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

eastshore4

panning camera problem

Post by eastshore4 »

hello, i'm rather new to animation, and I don't know if I did something to screw it up or what, but when I try to pan my camera across a picture (a la ken burns) it does this weird thing where it speeds up and slows down at weird intervels. example: instead of just panning at the same speed the whole time, it starts slower and builds up speed at the beginninng, then slows back down when the end comes around. what's goin on? can I prevent this? thanks in advance!
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

IF you look at the keyframe points created on your time line and right click it on each of them, you will find options for what kind of interpolation is used between those keyframes..the default is smooth.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

And you can change your timeline settings by clicking Settings... in the Timeline window and select the type of interpolation you want from the Default interpolation option list.

7feet

Post by 7feet »

Yeah, like Rasheed said. If you want an absolute one speed move, set the keyframe type to "Linear".
eastshore4

Post by eastshore4 »

thanks folks, that helps alot, i'm not very good with this program but I see alot of potential with it... it's just that the user's manual doesn't help me out so much. my next issue is trying to either control the shakiness of the handheld camcorder mode or simply take it off. when i click on handheld camcorder mode I can't find any way to take it back off... the result is too shaky for what I want, can anybody help? thanks
7feet

Post by 7feet »

Okay, unlike many programs, the "users manual" isn't the really important bit
All the knowledge is in the tutorials. Do them, really, and then we can really talk