soundtrack playback problems...

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

bboyclike

soundtrack playback problems...

Post by bboyclike »

hello...i have just recently encountered two problems in anime studio pro 5.5. and they are:

Problem 1:
the sound track for the voice of my characters skip! how can I make it stop? I tried disableing the "Allow frame skipping" in the animation menu, but the voice soundtrack still skips! is there anything else that I can do?

Problem 2:
I am currently trying to lipsync BOTH of my characters using my Papagayo pheneome data files. i loaded each characters' switch data file into their switch layer, selected the sound track...and it worked! but the problem is...when i play back the multiple voice soundtrack, and the first character is finished talking, i can't see the other characters' mouth move with it's correct voice that is in the timeline unless i select that characters' switch layer!...how do i make it to where i can see BOTH of the characters' mouths move when i play back the sound track?

PLEEEEEASE reply soon! i really want to get these issues straightened out! help! :(
7feet

Post by 7feet »

1- AS is pretty much always going to go for the animation rendering at the possible expense of nice audio playback. But a few things you can do. One is resizing the main window smaller, uses less resources to render the animation when it's smaller and you're likely to get better audio playback. Also, in the Display Quality (button, bottom right of the main window), turn off anything you don't need. The anti-aliasing is a particular hog. If I really need it to move on a , and still want to see something like what I'm working on, I uncheck everything except the fills, and that goes pretty fast.
myles

Post by myles »

From the FAQs section of the forum, Lost Marble also suggests closing the timeline window for better sound/playback synching.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx