SINGLE bone manipulation?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

bboyclike

SINGLE bone manipulation?

Post by bboyclike »

hello... i have an issue about the bones in anime studio pro 5.5. the issue is: every time i try to manipulate ONE bone, a whole bunch of other-ones are manipulated with it! i also tried using the bone streghnth tool, and automatic binding, but i still get the same results! how can i make it to where ONLY the bone that is selected is manipulated?
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Use Rotate Bone instead of Manipulate Bones. This will effect only the selected bone and its child bones, but not the parent bones.

BTW Remember that Rotate Bone has another effect in Frame 0 than in the other Frames. In Frame 0, you should use Manipulate Bones to check the rigging of your character and use Translate Bone and Rotate Bone to align a bone with the underlying vector, 3D, image or (sub)bone layer. This is why the bones tutorial that came with AS uses Manipulate Bones, to avoid confusion. Manipulate Bones is for Inverse Kinematics, to roughly put the limbs of your character into position, and Rotate Bone is for fine tuning and very precise manipulation of your character.

I hope this helps.
elbramtsol

Post by elbramtsol »

Maybe you have to check your "Parent Bones" status… Example:
...hope it helps :!: