import problem!

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

bboyclike

import problem!

Post by bboyclike »

hello...

i have encountered a problem when i imported an .eps file from freehand mx, into anime studio. The problem is: every time i imported the .eps file, some of the edges did not show up when i viewed a preview of the file!, but however, in the drawing mode, i can see the paths of the missing edges, but not the missing edges themselves. Don't get me wrong, most of the edges DO show up upon import, but the problem is...some of them don't. How can i fix this problem?
7feet

Post by 7feet »

Not sure about that one. I know that .AI files must be in a format no higher than Illustrator 8 (and preferably just that version if possible, don't think somewhat earlier versions do anything bad though). I thought that .EPS itself was reasonably stable, but you might try, if they have the option, to export it in a "legacy .EPS" mode. It's much closer to a language than a file description, and using "older" versions with Moho/AS has always generally been helpful. Sometimes they change stuff, just because. Unless you have a dedicated illustration program, it seems it can be hard to keep up with the changes.
myles

Post by myles »

As I understand it, the construction curves are there but there is no shape outline? (As you no doubt know, you can apply the outline in Moho after import)

Is there anything different about those particular edges in Freehand? Colour, brushstroke, width (my first suspicion), effects, anything else?

Regards, Myles - not a Freehand user.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx