lostmarble main page

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jorgy

lostmarble main page

Post by jorgy »

Hello all,

I have been busy trying to get my masters project done. I forbade myself from playing with the new moho or looking at the forums until I was done. Okay, so I'm not a good taskmaster.

In any event, Moho 5 is awesome! I can't wait to try all the new features out, especially the scripting.

But just so I can get a moho "fix", I'd like to know how the background shading on the main lostmarble.com page was done.

Thanks LM!

jorgy
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Do you mean on the little animation? The background is an image layer - the image was imported into Moho, but not created by Moho.
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Lost Marble wrote:Do you mean on the little animation? The background is an image layer - the image was imported into Moho, but not created by Moho.
Yup, I meant the small animation. I guess I need to learn some more about Adobe Illustrator and friends? Are there any open-source alternatives? Inkscape? Sodipodi? But those are vector instead of image.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

No, I didn't mean it was a vector image. You wouldn't use Illustrator for something like that. Something with texture like that would be created in an image editing program, like Photoshop or Painter. Or, you could hand paint a background with watercolors and scan it in.
Roy

Post by Roy »

You could do worse than project dogwaffle,

There is a complete functioning earlier version, check out the optpustics for making foliage...

Link here: http://www.squirreldome.com/cyberop.htm
Errr. Um.