how to color custom shapes?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

bboyclike

how to color custom shapes?

Post by bboyclike »

hello...i have encountered a problem when working in moho. the problem is: IT WONT LET ME COLOR CUSTOM MADE SHAPES THAT I CREATE WITH THE DRAW TOOL!! CAN ANYONE HELP?

P.S., the shape that i have created was created to look like hair. its basicly a big triangle with peaked edges instead of the straight edges that a regular one has...its actually anime hair...anyways... can ANYONE help me? i really really have been working hard on this...HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( [/b]
jsryork

is the shape a closed curve ?

Post by jsryork »

Hi

I have had trouble with drawing shapes with Moho using the Freehand tool,
as the curves I drew were not closed curves (that is, there is a closing arc from the last point you draw back to the first point).

Moho will only allow a Fill command on a closed curve.

See 'why to weld points' in tutorial 2.1

Sorry if this reply addresses the wrong problem.

Best wishes

John Robinson
maggie

drawing tool and fill shapes

Post by maggie »

Hi, I assume you are using the 'freehand draw' tool. I have found it easier to always use the point tool, so that you make your shape 'closed' more easily with that, you can add points to manipulate the shape and so you kind of draw in a different way. doing hair like you want would be OK, you can also use 'sharp' points if you want spikes, or round if you don't. Once you get used to it, it's a brilliant way of drawing things. You are manipulating the drawing after you've made the shape. don't know if this helps your problem?
maggie