Questions about timeline

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

nama_rupa

Questions about timeline

Post by nama_rupa »

1. are there quickkeys to jump forward or backwards between different keyframes or actions in the timeline?

2. is there a way to isolate a section of the timeline? Like the "work area" in after effects. If you arent familar with AE what I am meaning is say that I am working in a timeline that is 30 seconds but I am tweaking a section of keyframes in the first 3 seconds of the animation. Is there a way to isolate that first 3 secs so what I preview the animation it will loop at the end of that three secs and not go for the full 30 secs?

Thanks
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

1. To the best of my knowledge, no. Tho it might be possible to build a lua script to do this for you.

2. Yes. Hold the "Alt" key and right click or left click anywhere on the timeline.
nama_rupa

Post by nama_rupa »

thanks. that helps a lot
Hiddicop

Post by Hiddicop »

2. Holding the "Alt" key and left or right clicking will set the beginning and end of the animation. Holding the "Ctrl" key and left or right clicking will sett the beginning and the end of what is previewed inside moho. If you want to set the range of the final animation, use "Alt", if you want a specific range to be played when you press the play button, use "Ctrl".