Alpha channel

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

dekka

Alpha channel

Post by dekka »

Hi guys, i have been trying to understand this subject for a while but it doesn't seem to sink in. i have tried different approach none of them are working. i tried to export a moho animation to flash to turn them in a gif animation (it's a head pulling faces, the gif part works fine). the problem i have is the fact that i can not get rid of the background color. if i tried to make an animated file (gifor avi from flash) i have the same problem the background doesn't dissapear even if i turn the alpha to 0.
any sort of guidance would be really really welcome.
thanks guys :?
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Snce you use several programs, mistakes can occur everywhere.

In Moho: check that there is no background in your scene. Export as flashfile as usual.

In Flash: don't add a background. In the "Export" panel, check "transparent". That should be all that's necessary.

With the above steps I created this .gif (sorry, it's 800 k):
dekka

Post by dekka »

thanks for the reply. but even when i only use one program i can seem to get rid of a background. in moho i get the greyish background and in flash the stage (the white square), any idea. my plan is to make some small animated avatar (doing the animation in moho) and exporting in flash. but the background thing is p****** me off.
thank you
rock on
nueroconnector

Post by nueroconnector »

I'd try exporting a png sequence, then in moho use the scripts>import image sequence. I usually have problems with gifs myself.

Also, there is something weird with flash and transparencies in general when you export to other applications.