points snapping

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

snowflake

points snapping

Post by snowflake »

hi,

i want to be able to drag a point very close to another edge.
however, when i do this, moho snaps my new line/point to the
existing edge.

is there a way around this??? :cry:
spasmodic_cheese

Post by spasmodic_cheese »

uncheck auto-weld in the context senstiive toolbar ;) then try it

ie the thingy between the stage and menu bar(File edit, etc etc)
snowflake

Post by snowflake »

oic...i'm starting to get used to moho now :lol:
thanks!
martin_mrt

Re: points snapping

Post by martin_mrt »

snowflake wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:19 am hi,

i want to be able to drag a point very close to another edge.
however, when i do this, moho snaps my new line/point to the
existing edge.

is there a way around this??? :cry:
I am currently getting Into MOHO with the aim of using it for my next Animation project. I also had issues with the behaviour described by snowflake. Unchecking auto weld as suggested by spasmodic_cheese minimizes this behaviour but sometimes points still snap to lines.
For these cases I would like to ask: Is there some easy possibility to "unweld" a point which is already attached to another line?
It would be good to be able to seperate it again. I guess theres an easy way or shortcut which I just dont know cause im new to the software.
Im testing this to determine if I should use a seperate layer for the outline or if i should have them on the same vectorlayer. (The outline is only accentuating some parts of the character).
Anyway, thankful for any answer!
Hoptoad

Re:

Post by Hoptoad »

martin_mrt wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:25 am I am currently getting Into MOHO with the aim of using it for my next Animation project. I also had issues with the behaviour described by snowflake. Unchecking auto weld as suggested by spasmodic_cheese minimizes this behaviour but sometimes points still snap to lines.
For these cases I would like to ask: Is there some easy possibility to "unweld" a point which is already attached to another line?
It would be good to be able to seperate it again. I guess theres an easy way or shortcut which I just dont know cause im new to the software.
Im testing this to determine if I should use a seperate layer for the outline or if i should have them on the same vectorlayer. (The outline is only accentuating some parts of the character).
Anyway, thankful for any answer!
This is what I do: I leave auto-weld enabled, but when I want it to turn it off temporarily, I hold down the ALT/OPTION key while I am making points. This disables auto-weld as long as the button is held. You'll know it's working because the big red circle that warns you about welding will not appear when you are close to a line.

If I weld a point by mistake, I immediately click EDIT/UNDO. If I don't notice the mistake for a while and UNDO isn't an option, I select the point and delete it, or I delete the line segment with the DELETE EDGE (D) tool. As far as I know, there is no way to choose any random welded point and make it un-welded.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I'll often leave Auto-Weld disabled because it's easy enough to place the point near another point or edge and then press Enter to weld it manually.

When I do have Auto-Weld enabled, I'll hold Alt to disable it temporarily.
martin_mrt

Post by martin_mrt »

very very helpful tips! Thanks a lot!!!