keep a shadow off the background?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

riledguy

keep a shadow off the background?

Post by riledguy »

I am making characters for .png frames that have a transparent background. What I would like to know is if there is a simple way that allows me to apply shadows to layers or folders and keep them from expanding onto the background.
"Boss demon tells me
Oh how he would like to kill me
Wait a minute tough guy
My disease does that for free" - Clutch
Bones3D

Post by Bones3D »

Have you looked at the tutorial on masking in the Moho "Help"? It's basically the same setup as the example they provide, only you have create a copy of your character's layer to designate as a masking layer. This lets you mask the character's shape so the character itself remains visible, while making the shadow behind it invisible. Then use another masking layer to tell Moho what areas behind the character it should reveal your character's shadow in.
8==8 Bones 8==8
riledguy

Post by riledguy »

Bones3D wrote:Have you looked at the tutorial on masking in the Moho "Help"? It's basically the same setup as the example they provide, only you have create a copy of your character's layer to designate as a masking layer. This lets you mask the character's shape so the character itself remains visible, while making the shadow behind it invisible. Then use another masking layer to tell Moho what areas behind the character it should reveal your character's shadow in.
This makes sense and I thought about just doing it up like I do the masking for my charactrs eyes and such but was hoping there was a faster fix. I tend to have problems when using bones and folders. I am sure there is a work around I will just have to figure it out when I have more time for the project.

Thanks for the info
"Boss demon tells me
Oh how he would like to kill me
Wait a minute tough guy
My disease does that for free" - Clutch