Convert Windows movie maker files

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Avalanche941

Convert Windows movie maker files

Post by Avalanche941 »

I had just put together my animation, and the test play worked out beautifuly. Then I saved. Thats when I discovered that "Windows Movie Maker" could only save to one format! Does anyone know of a free converter to convert Windows Movie Maker Files into Quicktime, SWF, or AVI?
"Good" thinks itself "good", but "evil" thinks itself "good" also. "Evil" thinks "good" is "evil", and vice versa. You think "good" is "good" simply because it is better for your welfare.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

You get the quicktime player for free at http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/win.html (left column is the free stuff). On the Mac this means that I can generate QT files in any program because all the codecs are installed in the system. I don't know what's in the windows package, worst case would be that you have to pay the 30$ for the pro version.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

After getting QT, download MPEG Streamclip, which allows you to do all kinds of conversions and it's freeware :D

Although, converting to SWF is not among them. However, Kudrsoft has some cool apps, among which is AVI2Flash (AVI2SWF and AVI2FLV) Converter. It is not freeware, but hey 29.99 USD isn't a lot for such a great conversion program.
Avalanche941

Post by Avalanche941 »

When I put together the movie in MPEG Streamclip, it puts it backwards every time! How do I fix this problem?
"Good" thinks itself "good", but "evil" thinks itself "good" also. "Evil" thinks "good" is "evil", and vice versa. You think "good" is "good" simply because it is better for your welfare.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

I think the files are added in alphanumerical order, so renaming the files might solve your problem. However, the developer might help you as well; see the e-mail address on his website. He writes support isn't guaranteed, but if you have problems with MPEG StreamClip you should contact him.
Avalanche941

Post by Avalanche941 »

thanks! Im using MPEG streamclip right now (one nice piece of software).